water bypass

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

87inaustin

water bypass

Post by 87inaustin »

what do you all recommend for my waterline bypass pipes . my friend says he see's copper a lot but i was thinking aluminum or stainless steel this is to bypass the water from the back the engine to the radiator :various23:
Last edited by 87inaustin on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: water bypass

Post by dr.occa »

I don't recommend running piping from the rear of the head to the front but suggest going with a rear water housing from SQ Engineering. Here's the thread.. It's very affordable and a great solution.

BUT if you have to run it jenko style (it obviously still works) then you can run hoses and 1" O.D.(?) aluminum tubing. Rads are aluminum too remember. If you're routing over the exhaust make sure to use a heat shield.

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

who is jenko style lol never heard that one ? and aluminum 1'' o.d. is would be ok on the engine i am going under the intake

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

dude, like jonas said. you can get that water relocation stuff from sam the man.. its easy to install.. u can use an external thermostat as well.. its legit.. thats wut ima gunna be running on my blacktop.
1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S coupe ( f20 powered)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

87inaustin wrote:who is jenko style lol never heard that one ? ...
"jenko" is another way of saying ghetto rigged or jacked up.

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=1684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is how i did mine works flawlessly but i didnt 90 the water outlet i just got a hose that had a tight 180 and didnt do the heater stuff since its a "race car" hahaha but ya only prob is getting all the air out of the lines. been running it for 3-4 yrs now.

hey hey hey mine isnt jenko :(

ok well maybe a little HA but hey thats how us victoria boys roll we get **** done!

edit: if your goin to the nst event sunday u can check it out.