need help putting 20v together..

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

need help putting 20v together..

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

yup.. id hate to say it but i need help.. im more of a do it your self but in this case id rather get help and stuff... if anyone lives in houston and has free time on their hands to help me with the bt20v, man i would really appreciate it.. and lunch on me... :biggrin:
1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S coupe ( f20 powered)

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Re: need help putting 20v together..

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

do i have to take the gts oil pan off and put it on the 20v?? do i need the oil cooler?? how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?? can someone please answer these questions n then some...
Last edited by Gts_coupe87 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

theres a few ppl on here that have done the 20v swap im sure whenever they're online they would help you out with your questions i personally have no idea so can't help much
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

20v oil pan will work. you might want to take it off just to reseal it though.

dont need the stock gts oil cooler.

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

mandm177 wrote:20v oil pan will work. you might want to take it off just to reseal it though.

dont need the stock gts oil cooler.

so i can just remove it and keep the 20v oil pan on there or wut?? and if i need to exchange oil pans wut do i do with the oil cooler lines on the gts pan??

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Why are you wanting to swap out the oil pans? Are you wanting to swap out oil pans for the GTS oil cooler drain back?

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

dr.occa wrote:Why are you wanting to swap out the oil pans? Are you wanting to swap out oil pans for the GTS oil cooler drain back?

nah jonas.. i was just asking becuz someone told me i needed to.. just making sure and the way u asked im guessing i dont have to.. and no i dont need the gts oil cooler.. can i just take it off?? like theres no need for it anymore?? thats wut im asking..

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

For one thing, the 16v GTS oil pan won't fit the 20v. The 20v oil pan is notched on the firewall (fwd)/ right side (rwd) and so is the block mating surface so no wookie.

You'll be fine without the oil cooler. If you really want to run one though, I recommend a thermostatic controlled oil cooler adapter. Greddy makes one (I run it) for the S13/zenki S14 SR20 that fits the 4AG just fine. I believe I have the info posted somewhere around here.

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

okay my headers came in but theyre for the gts.. most of the nuts n bolts align except the ones in the end... do i need those to be bolted down?? or wut?? and wut can i do modify it.. ill post pics later..

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Can you return them and get this?

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

so i take that as a no...?? and i dont kno.. yea im sure i can return them but i dont wanna go through all that hassle... aw man... this sucks.. then my TPS is broken and theres not ONE available anywhere.. im super screwed... :weapons61: :action57: <<<- me...

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Gts_coupe87 wrote:so i take that as a no...?? and i dont kno.. yea im sure i can return them but i dont wanna go through all that hassle... aw man... this sucks.. then my TPS is broken and theres not ONE available anywhere.. im super screwed... :weapons61: :action57: <<<- me...
I have a few TPS's. aaaaaaaand I also weld soooo the end holes are nooooo prob to fix. See that was easy haha :laugh2:
http://facebook.com/86levin

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

okay.. now i gotta get ur number and see how much youll charge me for both things... :laugh43:

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

you can just notch the end holes, and bolt them down.

I have the OBX headers that Jonas linked to, and ive heard that there are fitment issues if you use stock mounts. I have cusco engine and tranny mounts, and it seems to fit fine.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Notching works too as well as getting Corey to weld in material so it doesn't look as bad. Cusco motor mounts should resolve any floorboard clearance issues.