20v ?

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

AE86silverred

20v ?

Post by AE86silverred »

Ok can I use the 16v crank case on a 20v I noticed that there the same but one bolt extra on the 16v one plus that's the oil pump in side it right? sorry first time me opening one up... Any difference in them? I want to do this because my 16v one is much cleaner.. Thanks

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: 20v ?

Post by dr.occa »

Just to be clear, are you asking if you can mate a 20v head to a 16v bottom end? You should be able to mate both the BT and ST to the 16v bottom end. You'll be left with lower compression but at least you'll then be able to use the same 16v timing belt between either one. Mating a 16v head to a BT 20v block (I'm specifically singling out the BT here) is another story due to the BT water pump tensioner but that's for another thread.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

No sorry i was talking about the oil pump dose the 16v oil pump fit the 20v silvertop the one on my silvertop is not as clean as the 16v one i have.... the only differences i see is that the 16v one has one extra screw? can i do this?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I see. Unfortunately I don't have a ST 20v op to reference any longer (should have taken pictures...dang it) but IIRC vis à vis the "extra screw" that you're referring to it's a non-essential. A 16v op should still bolt up to the 20v bottom end. I have a few spare op housings I'll post images of for reference and comparative purposes to help if need be.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Well what I did is cover up all the holes and sand blasted it and put some engine paint on it . :) thanks any ways I wanted to get it done last night ... Thanks