Powerfc for a 20v?

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

AE86silverred

Powerfc for a 20v?

Post by AE86silverred »

My friend has a powerfc? And just called me that he needs money right now is there anything I can do with it I'm doing a 20v swap in my 86 don't know to much on the wireing part but if it's worth it I will get it by the way he is selling it to me it for half the price of a new one what do you guys think?

Also I just bought a stage 3+ from Nst thanks for that ..picked it up on thersday ...all right! : )

AE86silverred

Re: Powerfc for a 20v?

Post by AE86silverred »

Guess not..? Well I saw a post from john at JSP on The haltech e6x on a 20v setup and I'll have the money to get it this coming Friday so do you guys think that's the way to go. I do Want to go turbo later so that's one of the reason why I think it's the right choice and on the post is seems ez to do am I getting in something harder than I think? Will I be able
To get it tuned around houston? Any thing that you guys know will help.. Thanks

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

It's a viable option for fuel/ignition management. There just aren't that many (if any) 4AG/AE86 users that run them here in Texas. The fact that DIY Megasquirt sells a plug play option now and at a very affordable price, the higher priced choices won't be as common. Anyway, Apex'i has a long standing name for quality components.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

So wich whould you recommend I have seen the a post on the megasquirt and it seems to hard for me to do
Are you saying that they have one pre built now so it's just a plug and play? And will I still have to do the wiring on my 20v to make it work? Sorry if I don't understand.. And I was leaning more on the haltech the post just seems to be ez'er for me... Also if I get ether one where would I be able tune it? Thanks and sorry for some dumb Questions....

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

DIY's PnP MS unit for 4AG users can come pre-assembled (at an extra cost IIRC but I'd contact them for cost differences). For the 20v, what you can do is re-pin the harness to the 16v ecu connectors (sensor to sensor, etc...) and it would essentially be PnP then. It would still need to be tuned in spite of the pre-programmed tune on the ecu due to it being intended for a 16v.

Secret Services is an option for having it dialed in. They have experience with various stand alone systems including MS and I believe Haltech but I suggest contacting them first.