o2 oxygen sensor question Denso

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ickkyi
Tourist

o2 oxygen sensor question Denso

Post by ickkyi »

Dear All,

I've Silver top 20V installed in my car with Black top ECU.
The original header seems to have crack on it, and i got the OBX header to replace. However, the original o2 sensor wire seems to be short, since the bung on OBX is closer to the Cat than the current header. I came across this sensor, http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/product_ ... cts_id=480

I would like to know, if this would be direct replacement to the OEM one? Have anyone use this sensor before? I want to get a fresh oxygen sensor anyway, so this could be a good one to get..

Thanks in advance,
Ike[/url]

HondaRue

Post by HondaRue »

I came across a simular problem with my TRD header. The TRD comes with a piece of wire and 2 butt-splices (junk) for you to cut and extend the current O2 sensor. Mexelent will agree with me that simply extending the wire still doesn't offer a good solution. After extending the wire you must run it over the header (BAD IDEA).

I'm moving the O2 sensor connector on the harness so it comes out behind the head in the same area as the reverse light wires. It'll run over the transmission behind the head and extending the O2 sensor wire won't be necessary anymore.

All of this is assuming that you have an ae86. If you have this swap in another 4ag powered vehicle you can still apply this info to your application but most people are lazy and will just cut and butt-splice to make the wire long enough to reach.
85 Hatch SR5 => GTS High Comp Levin!!!
84 Coupe SR5 => GTS JDM MAP 16V (My Wife's car!)

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

also this wire should be shielded due to the low voltage and the butt connectors arent sheilded.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

ickkyi
Tourist

Post by ickkyi »

The 20-V has the 4-wire sensors, so it's a bit different than the 2 wire one. Therefore, I'm still not sure if all the plugs will be the same?

I just don't want to cut and splice them wires up. I don't even want to mess around with the harness at all :( I'm not good with electrical at all.

Any body have tired the Denso one yet?

definitely want something OEM and just plug and play :)

thanks HondaRue and mooreofit for the inputs.

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

I believe i used a stock O2 sensor from a 94 4runner. the wires were long enough to reach, but im using an OBX header and the harness was done by Dr. Tweak, so he might have extended the wires a bit.