(Austin, TX) Seeking a shop in the ATX area that'll work on

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

the other day i saw a corolla on south congress here in austin. i havent seen that many around austin. only a hand full in the past 2 years i've been here.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

TexAE86
Tourist

Post by TexAE86 »

landslideATX wrote:the other day i saw a corolla on south congress here in austin. i havent seen that many around austin. only a hand full in the past 2 years i've been here.
True, I'm sure there are a lot of the 4 sedans, but very few 2 door hatches. I hope to sport mine around town to raise 86 awareness. The car is totally awesome, from looks to performance. ^_^
My cars:
'06 WRX STi
'87 RX-7 Turbo II
'85 Corolla GTS (4A-GE 20v swap)

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

Tex
looks like you got on here just fine (i referred you on club4ag). I have a blacktop but im up in Dallas, and im currently having problems of my own. Main things to look out for on idling problems would be the ISCV, ITB adjustements and TPS sensor. There are a couple of sites with the ST manual, so you should be able to look up the specs for those sensors in that.

Good luck!

dfi1120

Post by dfi1120 »

sorry to get back so late TexAE86 i live here of stassney and s.1st, i know landslide personaly->(daniel) if you need help with anything you can ask me or landslide (daniel) or gda03subaru for any question. i dont have my car yet need to get one though, any one have one for sale :)
by the way im Art and welcome.
D.F.I #20
r a n
i s c
f t
t
ARTURO ROMERO
TEAM INERTIA
DRIFT MORE TEXAS
http://www.myspace.com/art_d_f_i_20

madcao

Post by madcao »

welcome to the garage. met landslide once, pretty cool dude. and gda03subaru got his head on straight. i too would like to know how a 20v feels. thanks. -sang

TexAE86
Tourist

Post by TexAE86 »

Seems like the AE86 w/ this engine generated a lot of interest. I'd be more than happy to show it off and even take you guys for ride. As long as everything checks out, I might even give some wheel time. The seller told me the transmission felt weak, so I may or may not end up swapping that after I've driven on it or had it checked.

So far, I'm pretty darn excited to have this car. They are so much fun to drive.
My cars:
'06 WRX STi
'87 RX-7 Turbo II

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

any suspension work done on it?
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

gda03subaru

Post by gda03subaru »

[/quote]
No problem. I work every weekend until 11pm, and also on Mondays, but I'm be off Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. My cell is 512-468-0211, lemme know here or by phone if you want to take a look on my off days or after ~midnight any day. I'll likely have the car out of my shop on monday or tuesday with the basic(most essential) repairs completed - ebrake and coolant leak. So then on its smooth sailing. Also, if none of my off-days work for you, I'll put in a request to take off a weekend day. I'm hoping to get this bad boy ready for take off as soon as humanly possible. ^_^[/quote]

yeah i get off around five everyday, so whenever is good for me so just pick a day and we could meet up
Last edited by gda03subaru on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
03' Wrx
86 ae86

TexAE86
Tourist

Post by TexAE86 »

landslideATX wrote:any suspension work done on it?
Nothing that I know about. If it wasn't listed, I assume it wasn't done since he was very detailed in the work he had put into it.
My cars:
'06 WRX STi
'87 RX-7 Turbo II

87inaustin

Re: (Austin, TX) Seeking a shop in the ATX area that'll work on

Post by 87inaustin »

what ever happen to the car texae86 i was wondering if you got it running or close ?