just want some input on going carbs

Strictly 16valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

drift

just want some input on going carbs

Post by drift »

Okay guys, so what do you guys think a out these carbs. I got some money saved up and is really wanting to go cabred on my 16v. I foynd a good whole complete fcr setup a few mo th ago bit then came across another ae86 I couldn't pass up. Anyways, long story short. The guy is now planning on using it and now im back at searching . Found a couple good carbs for sale but was wandering if anyone has any experiance with them and what do you guys think. Im really wanting to run fcr but as of now the others are priced pretty good or okay.

Theres a set of weber 44 locally but im not really wanting to run webers. Its just that they are here and I can pick them up right away. The guy is wanting $400. Came off of a vw I think, but im not gonna pay him that much since itll need to be gone through or is that a good deal.

Then what do you guys think about the mikuni flat slide carbs or should I just go with keihin fcr, but then Ive read that the mikuni's are easier to tune and makes a better daily
Last edited by drift on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: just want some input on going carbs

Post by McKenney »

Talk to dr.occa! He's the resident carb guru. I'm a Holley man myself, But they don't make side drafts

drift

Post by drift »

Yeah, imma have to pick his brains when I do start or whenever I do start on this setup.

drift

Post by drift »

So ive read in some threads that I can use a sr5 harness. Just wandering if ill need to do any modification to the harness or is it just a plug and play. The threads didnt have much info other than saying "yes, you can use a sr5 harness". Dont really want to hack my gt-s garness up just in case I ever to plan on going back to efi. Also, im slowly getting all the parts and as much information I can together so when I do start. Ill have a little bit of clue of what to do.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

@Dr.Occa :action19:
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯