recomondations for rebuild shop around the dfw area?

Strictly 16valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

iggylevin
Tourist

recomondations for rebuild shop around the dfw area?

Post by iggylevin »

Looking for a good reliable shop to rebuild my tired blue top, any recommendations? and how much Im looking at to get it rebuild.
Thanks for any input

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: recomondations for rebuild shop around the dfw area?

Post by McKenney »

I can do it for you, or take it to Republic Custom Engines in Garland. 972)278-7223(RACE) and ask for George.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Mckenny, and/or as soon as I get down there. I'll be stay with McKenny for a while too. I rebuilt my 4AGZE, and 10 other engines before that. Honda prelude 2.0L KIA 1.5L, etc bunch of 4 cylinders. Soon I'll be rebuilding a 283 v8 that's original to my 64 impala! Never had an issue with any of them, and as far as I know all are still running. The GZE has been through 5 events, and is daily driven.

Plastic gauge the rod/main bearings resurface the head and/or block, rehone the cylinders...new rod/main bearings, new piston rings, new head gasket, new valve guide seals, grind the valves if needed to the seats, make sure the valve clearances are correct, new valve cover gaskets,new intake and exhaust gaskets, new water pump, new oil pump, new rear and front main seals, new head bolts, annnnd new timing belt with tensioner. Should about cover it.

That is if everything is in good working order. Obviously if there is rod knock would need to mic the journals and rods to make sure there is not any out of shape to cause an early premature breakage.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Where you at in the Dallas area?