stock 4ag bluetop cold startup not revving up

Strictly 16valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

stock 4ag bluetop cold startup not revving up

Post by 86boy »

Ok sooooo I have 1 injector that I discovered was leaking, and going to fix that as soon as the o-rings and stuff come in. Before noticing that I have tried my spare MAF, spare throttle body (with the wax valve attached still), full of coolant fully bled of air, full of oil, different ECU, and i'm not 100% sure if that one leaking injector could keep it from revving up to the 2k mark. I've tried to do some research, but only find threads about why it's revving up.... not why it DOESN'T rev up haha. what else could I try? coolant temp sensor? All the wiring is good, or at least it seems to be. The car will rev up if you hit the throttle. The leak is not horrible, but it is leaking. Will loss of fuel pressure with that cause it to not raise the rpms?

if this doens't make a lot of sense I'll try again later, but the only thing I have not tried yet is the coolant temp sensor, but everything worked when the engine was in my other car. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated now that I believe I have a fuse box! haha All the testing was done with a GOOD fuse box as well. Just not sure what to check currently as I'm running out of ideas. Also it's running stupid rich and idling at 900 RPMs when cold, and obviously will run rich until it warms up since the idle is well... low from what it should be on a cold startup.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

86boy

Re: stock 4ag bluetop cold startup not revving up

Post by 86boy »

yep.... still haven't figured this out. even tried adjusting the idle/air all the way out.... highest idle rpm is 1150
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

Jeonsah
Tourist

Re: stock 4ag bluetop cold startup not revving up

Post by Jeonsah »

Are you still having this issue? Did you replace the o-rings and stuff for the injectors? if so, I would start by checking the compression. I had a blown head gasket and it wouldnt rev very nice. Otherwise mabe fuel isnt the issue..... could be spark related or timing.