4agze help

Strictly 16valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

drift

4agze help

Post by drift »

Ok, so i got the engine to crank over and it has spark, air and fuel but it wont start by itself. I have to use starter fluid to get it up and running and itll idle fine just a little on the high side(2000rpm). I can give it a little gas but when i open the throttle up it dies but i think i found the problem to that. The engine then wont start back up unless i use starter fluide again. Does anyone kmow whats the problem or has had the same problem that xan help me out. Im getting tired of fuking around with it.

Heres a vid i took Sunday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPRhKyS ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: 4agze help

Post by mooreofit »

my 86 wont run at all with the afm unhooked like that. it has to stay connected.any vacuum leaks will cause it to do exactly what your car does. you can remove the air filter and manually open the meter to spray the starting fluid. might also be a fuel pump issue and could be a compression issue.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

drift

Post by drift »

Itll do the same with it on or off. Im going to check the fuel pump and lines but its a new fuel pump so i highly doubt its the fuel pump byt who knows. Gonna try another fuel pump i have also. Compression looks good but ill give it another check up tomorrow.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

That does sound like some wiring for the AFM. I had a problem on my 4age with a ground wire on the AFM and there's I believe 2 grounds (brown). Mine would start run for 3-5 seconds and die. The COR runs off of that AFM. If the door is closed it won't run the fuel. If you have bad wiring there or at the COR it won't turn the fuel pump on.

Me personally would check continuity on the wire from the AFM to the ECU for starters. Make sure the ground wires have continuity to ground. Then if that checks out.

Is the COR even clicking on/off like a relay. if you turn the key to the START position with no clutch (unless you removed the clutch safety switch) you should here a click if you let the buzzer do it's thing or disconnect it. I could take a video of what it sounds like, and where it's located in the ae86. If that doesn't click you won't get any power to turn the fuel pump on.

So dumping ether/starter fluid in it will allow it to run on that regardless. If the AFM version is like the MAP version you can get fuel all day long unless the ECU senses no spark then it'll cut fuel after 8-11 none spark confirmations. which I'd imagine is different than the AFM version, but it's definintely confined to the COR, AFM, Fuel Pump, or the wiring.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

drift

Post by drift »

The fuel pump works cause i can hear it click on and buzz. I did noticed there was a plug i didnt plug in. I marked it also but forgot about it. It is the e22 plug but i cant find anyplace where it goes to. I know its the common for the thw, thg, and afm but theres no where it plugs into

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

^^ there lie's the problem.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

drift

Post by drift »

Yeah, i was going to pull the harness and check then that was the first thing in my hand pulling a few wires out from the fire wall. Pulled it up and out from the side of the car and was was like e22, wtf. Dahm, where does this goes. Now i just need to find where it goes. Anyone knows where it goes. Ill try to habe a pic up tomorrow.

drift

Post by drift »

Ok, heres a pic of the wire. If anyone knows where it goes. Itll be a lot of help

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

On my aw11 ze harness my sc plug looked like that...

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

VS (pin 6 yellow-blue) and E22 (pin 2 brown)
VC (pin 4 yellow) and E22

Signal ground for sensors

Hope that helps.

drift

Post by drift »

Sweet, thanks doc. I know what im doin when i get home :).

Mckenny, i already have my sc plug in. I taped and marked all the plugs. It aas this one that i was lost on.

Thanks guys

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Also, from what I can tell E22 is the same as E2. So you might try connecting E22 to E2 which appears to be the brown (no. 4?) on the TPS.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Both wires from E22 to E2.

drift

Post by drift »

I looked up the wire diagram and noticed it went to the throttle body but then couldnt find anything ot pluged into. Now that you mention it. Now that ypu said that. It makes more sence and ill try that first.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I love the support on this forum. people actually help out instead of flame. it's really nice. REALLY nice.

Hope that works! I'm pullin for you!
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯