guess its time...4agte on map 4afe ecu

Strictly 16valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

yngtunr
Tourist

guess its time...4agte on map 4afe ecu

Post by yngtunr »

Alright guys...I have conversed with some of my friends on this build telling them of it and getting feedback on tech issues here and there but the biatch is finally done...(still waiting on dyno tune).

I own a 91 Toyota corolla 4door (ae92 chassis) this car factory has a map sensored 4afe (slug lol). I wanted to go turbo but decided otherwise...go turbo 4age swap....so instead of vetting a complete 4ag harness and ecu and all accessories blah blah blah...I had an idea...why not make a frankenstine by slapping a bigport head and dizzy on your fe block and use your harness so u have map sensored 4age....so that's what I did.

I picked up a bigport with extensive pnp and 5angle complete for 100 bucks...this thing was immaculate! And port work was huge and very professional...dude must have been on something to sell it for 100 lol...picked up a dizzy from early jdm 4age which had 24tooth bottom wheel and 4tooth top wheel (same as 4afe) slapped the head on with my custom bigport mani...which utilizes a 70mm throttle body from a mazda...and added turbo and all accesories and a safc and bam it runs...yes I had some issues here and there but nothing that wasn't easy to fix (my error to begin with).

I don't have a computer right now (in using my blackberry) so I can't quite figure how to upload photo or video but if Alan or someone else wants me to email them photos from my phone they can post pics for me...I will explain the wiring conversion in detail if anyone actually cares lol

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: guess its time...4agte on map 4afe ecu

Post by mooreofit »

sorry man my phone is messed up. pm them to me and ill try to get them up.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

I need to send them to your email...I can't upload anything to the site from my phone but I can email pics from my phone...don't have access to a computer rite now

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

Hey bro thanks a bunch for the help...I have some emails uploading to you now...sorry I sent a lot of photos from start to finish lol...pick what u want or post all...either way I will appreciate it.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

for some reason those are the only ones i can upload to photobucket. looks awesome ethan

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

Thanks bro...runs great I can't wait to gradually clean it up and add parts like cam gear and cams and pulley kit...I'm just glad its done now...I peaked a few ccc guys interest thays for shure....the key thing I want to stress is this can be done for much cheaper than a whole 4age swap which entails harness ecu and fuel lines accessory brackets etc. And not to mention it gives u a low compression motor right off tha bat...slap a turbo nd go ...by the way thnks for all the help when I was asking questions about 4age lol...my first 4age...kinda lol

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

so this is a 4afe bottom end with 4age head?
JDM AE86/AE92

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

4afe bottom end...4age bigport fully pnp with 5angle and gze springs retainers...4afe map harness and ecu ....plus turbo 8)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

i like.

the hood scoop looks tasteful too.

would like to see this in person.

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

Thnks doc means a lot...the deeper I swept myself into research it just so happens that Toyota had every. Part I could possibly need at the scrap yard on various vehicles...I will shortly be hopping on a dyno to see what I'm throwin at the wheels.....

Hondas have been hybridizing their motors for years...I just had a gut feeling that the random parts I had at my fingertips could be used for good reliable power....and I always hated that 4age was mass air flow instead of map

Anywho...I will keep u updated

.......as for seeing it in person come on over to Fla an check it put haha....any friend of alans is welcome to crash at my place

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

FLORIDA!?...hmmm, how close to Orlando is Jacksonville?

oh, i just now paid attention...IGETAS!!! i knew there was something about the stance that was looking hot.

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

Jacksoncille is an hour n half to two hours drive from downtown Orlando...it is north if orlando

Ya I love the igetas...they a sick on this car however I'm still trying to sell them for something that bolt on directly without adapters and is a wider rim for traction

Just to put this out there I am looking for a set of valve covers so I can shave and polish them...if any one has a set let mw know

yngtunr
Tourist

Post by yngtunr »

Also no one has noticed it yet but look at the coolant inlet and outlet...I blocked off the port on the intake side of the head and moved it to the side the used a Mr2 thermo housing which bolts to the tranny...had to do it that way because of how the turbo sits haha...I like how all the electronics and water are on one side though