7AGE

Strictly 16valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

nomuken
Tourist

Re: 7AGE

Post by nomuken »

Til now my 7AGE runs and lasts great. but everybody is telling me that the rod bearings gonna fail. There are no real alternatives here in Europe for the 7AFE rod bearings. There are OEM ones and KING bearings. I got the KING rod bearings, they are standard stuff, 2 layer,...

Are there any "good" 3 layer 7AFE bearings in the US? Not even ACL race?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

You can't pick up ACL bearings there?

They're always available in the US.

Here are ACL part numbers for the 7AFE.

The ACL Race Series Mains (5M1695H) will also work on the 7AFE.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

why are they going to fail? are you loosing oil pressure? deiseling your motor around? i wouldnt put to much into what people are saying. just as long you keep your oil changed and dont run it milkshaked i dont see why you'll have any issues. even up to 8k.

acl for the win though. thats whats in my motor. good bearings from a good auzzie company.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

nomuken
Tourist

Post by nomuken »

so, the conrod bearings failed today. Are the ACLs available online anywhere?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Look here on ebay.

or here at parts dinosaur. Different sizes e.g. std, .25, .50, etc...over.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i get all my stuff through the dinosaur!
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Sam-Q wrote:thats pretty neat however a compressed head gasket is around 1.2mm and also the answer relies upon measurments from club4ag, which is a great source of completely wrong info at many times. Also the 9.4:1 pistons have a 18mm press fit gudgen pin which you can't use as the 7afe engine has a 20mm press fit pin.

For your 10.3:1 pistons I get 11.3:1, hey change your calculations to suit the 1.2mm head gasket and see how your figure compares to mine, I think it might be really close.

Sam, here in the states we have come across some unusual 4age's. Myself and bt20v both have 1987 Corolla GTS(usdm ae86) with 7 rib block 4age's factory. But ours have the bigport head and 9.4:1 pistons with the 20mm wrist(gudgen) pins and 42mm cranks. But they lack oil squirters.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

nomuken wrote:so, the conrod bearings failed today. Are the ACLs available online anywhere?

damn just saw this, under what conditions did it fail?

nomuken
Tourist

7AGE

Post by nomuken »

mooreofit wrote:
nomuken wrote:so, the conrod bearings failed today. Are the ACLs available online anywhere?

damn just saw this, under what conditions did it fail?
Had a small oil leak int the cooler system. With only 2l of oil still in the engine it saw oil temps of above 290F

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

sometimes you cant win to loose. that sucks.

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

I'm currently trying to put 7age together. I have large port head, 7afe block. Now I'm looking for a set of pistons to put in there. I already have 7afe,silver top pistons in my garage. Should I use silver top pistons or should I get small port pistons? Any suggestion guys? ^__^

nomuken
Tourist

Post by nomuken »

Try to get some small port pistons. They really are the only ones that go well with your largeport head

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Any updates Nomuken?
Did you solve the oil return issue?