Does the A/C still work on this setup?

Technical information and builds specifically regarding the 4AGE "1620"(16valve head & 20valve bottom end combo) and its variants.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

corollaman

Does the A/C still work on this setup?

Post by corollaman »

Just wondering if the A/C still works with the 16v head and 20v bottom end. Do you have to do something special or will it work just fine? Connect 20v compressor to the lines? or is still the 16v compressor. let me know. thanks!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Does the A/C still work on this setup?

Post by dr.occa »

Just double check that the a/c bracket you plan to use mates up properly to the block. IIRC, mine (AW11 or AE92? Can't remember anymore...) had 1 or 2 of the mounting spots just off and needed just a few washers sandwiched between the it and block to bolt up "flush".

corollaman

Post by corollaman »

dr.occa wrote:Just double check that the a/c bracket you plan to use mates up properly to the block. IIRC, mine (AW11 or AE92? Can't remember anymore...) had 1 or 2 of the mounting spots just off and needed just a few washers sandwiched between the it and block to bolt up "flush".
So you used the 16v compressor with a modified bracket on the 20v block. Thanks Jonas.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I believe the bracket I used was off the AW11 where the a/c belt tensioner was part of the a/c compressor bracket (I had already gone manual rack and ditched the power steering goods already).