1620?

Technical information and builds specifically regarding the 4AGE "1620"(16valve head & 20valve bottom end combo) and its variants.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

the nst cams i'm not sure... Mike /Jonas/Ricky/Law might though
JDM AE86/AE92

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

the tri-flow cams are at best 261° 8.1 lift. center lobes are already ground in on new blanks. test were already run at differing degrees both retard and advance testing and the stock center lobe is the best. reference the old tri-flow testing thread for more in depth information pertaining to the tests.

an oem (non-trd spec) head gasket should keep compression in check but high octane (92) at the least will be called for.

if you want the exact cc information on the 20v head you'll need to pull it and either take it to a shop to measure or do it yourself with a sturdy piece of lexan (drilled for fluid) and a graduated cylinder.

then do the same for the 16v head and calculate the difference.

i personally your compression (with a factory gauge hg) should still be close to the BT's compression and possibly slightly higher.

if i had a BT bottom end i'd be all over that.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

well then... i'm not sure if i can do all the testing but i will definitely look into it and conduct more research

thanks jonas
JDM AE86/AE92

rollinmunkey
Tourist

Re: 1620?

Post by rollinmunkey »

Sorry to go resurrecting a dead thread here guys, but this 1620 concept is brand new to me and very interesting.. But I got a little lost in the translation. If I take a b/t 20v block w/ stock internals, I can put a smallport 16v head on it using OEM headgasket provided I change the cams? Am I understanding correct?

Second question (if above is accurate) would I be able to use fuel/air delivery of choice (dual carb, itb, efi) and what sort of fuel management would be necessary?

I'm just trying to weigh options for the coming hatch project.. Was considering 4agze, but would really like to stay n/a and this seems an interesting approach.. Thanks for educating me :). Lol