Old School Gaming: Unreal Tournament

Discuss pc games, console games, board games, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Old School Gaming: Unreal Tournament

Post by dr.occa »

My son and nephew were playing Halo 3 at the house with my good friends' boys but they were having to take turns due to the fact we only had one X360 in the house. It got me thinking "I aught to hook up a LAN party for them with good ol' UT from back when I was actively playing with friends". I suggested it and they were really interested. I already had 2 desktops running it with several mods and extra maps already going the next day when they stopped by again. They were having a hard time pulling themselves away to get back home. Suffice it to say they're hooked ;).

I've already got nearly 100+ DM maps and several mods. Picked up UT2004 for $4 shipped over the weekend so I'll be checking that out to see if it meets and surpasses the LAN fun I had with UT.

Anyone here ever get in to any of the Unreal Tournament games?

I'll have to check out Half Life again to see if I've finally changed my mind but that's for another thread.

Unreal Tournament III is next on my to-do-list.

mandm177

Re: Old School Gaming: Unreal Tournament

Post by mandm177 »

no UT, but i was playing league for COD4: MW for a while. suffice it to say, my team sucked and we didnt get anywhere. lol!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

mandm177 wrote:no UT, but i was playing league for COD4: MW for a while. suffice it to say, my team sucked and we didnt get anywhere. lol!
Were any of your team mates local to Texas?

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

i believe some were. its been so long though, i forgot where they all lived.