First one that I have seen on Bring a Trailer

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

milchmann

First one that I have seen on Bring a Trailer

Post by milchmann »

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/09/28/one ... ent-900571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of the commenter's seem to think it is/was a stock car. I do not think there were stock car races with 86's in Japan even nevermind the US. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
It is odd that it was not registered for so long though.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: First one that I have seen on Bring a Trailer

Post by dr.occa »

No high profile stock class because no money in it especially when there were TRD available parts for Group A to market but not break the bank. The one here is definitely US so more like regional SCCA street class or modified street if it was caged.

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

dr.occa wrote:No high profile stock class because no money in it especially when there were TRD available parts for Group A to market but not break the bank. The one here is definitely US so more like regional SCCA street class or modified street if it was caged.
That makes more sense. I actually posted something on there about how they were raced in Group A and Group N, but not stock car ... and someone responded with a link to a (current) regional SCCA class ... but I didn't feel like arguing with internet geniuses.
There was another fun comment in there about how 86's have all of the weight in the front, and that is why the rear wheels light up so easily. facepalm.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Yeah, it's not much to say that there's a stock class and site local/regional SCCA Solo I/II to trump up validity. There's a "stock" class in every state that has an SCCA presence just like there's a movie theater in everytown but you don't catch anyone making a big deal about the movie theater fact.

I don't think that guy understood that you were trying to point out AE86 chassis specific class races - NOT GENERAL STOCK class racing.

Yeah, it's funny about the claimed front heavy "observation". If only people would even take the time to read door jamb ID plates ;).