I need some help.

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

V-Tec_Dis
Tourist

I need some help.

Post by V-Tec_Dis »

So this guy is selling this gutted 86 out in Dallas.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4705889789.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He said that he wants $3700 for it, is it worth it?

milchmann

Re: I need some help.

Post by milchmann »

There are a lot of expensive parts on that car that might make it worth it, but in my opinion it would be a HUGE gamble. Without being able to drive the car you will not know if any of those Tein coilovers are shot, if the electrical is any good, if the drive shaft is balanced right, if the dif needs to be rebuilt, etc, etc, etc.

It is also in kind of rough shape in my opinion. If you are into drifting you probably do not care as much as I would ...

If the car was running I might consider talking to the guy just because of the parts on the car, but since it is not, I think he is asking WAY to much.

V-Tec_Dis
Tourist

Post by V-Tec_Dis »

Alright, thanks

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

What he said.

Also, i think mine is worth the price :-D

http://86garage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

V-Tec_Dis
Tourist

Post by V-Tec_Dis »

If I had that money dude, I totally would. I just started my job so I only have about 1000 available to spend at the moment, so I was trying to find a shell or a non running because I have an engine I want to swap in sitting in my garage.

MasterCylinder
Tourist

Post by MasterCylinder »

So what did you end up getting instead?
myspace.com/MasterCylinderMusicX

V-Tec_Dis
Tourist

Post by V-Tec_Dis »

Sadly, nothing, ended up getting in an accident in my WRX with a Mercedes, and that was a little pricey to repair, just finally being able to save for a project again.