Longer inner tie rods?

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Nasser

Longer inner tie rods?

Post by Nasser »

Are their any inner tie rods that fit into the 85 corolla gt-s power steering rack that come in a longer length than the ones that come standard on the car? i am looking for something that will help to accommodate for a wider track width.

JDM AE86

Re: Longer inner tie rods?

Post by JDM AE86 »

I made some on my last 86 and prob will do on this one also.
http://facebook.com/86levin

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

you just welded extra length to the stock ones? i think maybe mr2 inners are a little bit longer but also what about older cressida's supra's or other toyota's maybe they have one that is the same thread pitch but longer?

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Yea I added 1 inch each side.
http://facebook.com/86levin

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

these are similar in the inner p/s rod design but they look a little longer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Inner-Tie-Rod ... 4897.l4275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

celica supra inners maybe they are the same thread? looks to be a couple inches longer apparently the ra60 inners fit and are longer, might have to do side by side comparison at auto part store to see exactly how much longer.

found this link of the part with specs

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/driv ... fragment-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(CELICA RA60)
Tie Rod End Bar Size (Inches): 0.591
Tie Rod End Bar Size (Millimeters): 15.0114
Length (Inches): 7.55
Length (Millimeters): 191.77
Tie Rod End Thread Size: M14-1.5R

same thread pitch as ae86 length is listed in specs above, the ae86 inner tire rod length is (In): 6.340 Inch according to specs i pulled up on orileys. so you can use the ra60 ones and get an extra 1.16 inches in length 29.464mm.

also mx83 cressida inners fit as well, they are 9.2" inner tie rods so they are 2.86 inches longer.

Milhouse86

Post by Milhouse86 »

I used inner and outer tie rods from a fwd corolla an I had to cut the inners down about an inch to fit on the factory with ae86 ( the tie rod are the long inner s and short outers )

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

What about using aw11 manual inner tie rods with s13 ends. Im not prefectly sure but I think the s13's should fit on the 86 knuckles
I like cars, food, and puppies.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

that miiight work i just know manual rack inners are super long and i dont know if the s13 outers will fit, just got some x83 inner's they are a little longer than i anticipated thou i thought they would be 9.2 inches long but they are over 10 inches long close to 11, over 3 inches of extra length i think but part of the threads still fall into the category of being about 2.5 inches longer so i may be able to get away with using them. If their is not enough threads i found a 14x1.5 hex die i can turn with a wrench for about 13 dollars so if i need to i may have to give that a shot but it looks like i can make these work.

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

I'm running a p/s rack with aw11 man inners and s13 outers. But Im also using s13 knuckles. So yea that all bolt to each other, the only thing I am not sure of is if the s13 outer ball joint matches the ae86 knuckle. Either way sounds like you got a plan, let us know what comes out
I like cars, food, and puppies.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

it works, i just bought a hex die m14x1.5 u can turn with a wrench for 11 bux off ebay and greased up the x83 inners and cut maybe 2.5 inches of new threads you have to be patient as it will take some time to finish turning the die and cutting the new threads, then i just cut the excess off works good i am now in the range of adjustment i need, the only thing is their is no hex pattern left on the inner tie rods for you to turn so you have to use vice grips.