Anyone considered an FA20/4U-GSE swap?

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

RotaSpinna69

Re: Anyone considered an FA20/4U-GSE swap?

Post by RotaSpinna69 »

The '86 is about 35" from strut tower to strut tower. A typical EJ25 is aprox. 31" wide. I'm fairly certain that the 4U-GSE sits VERY close if not between the frame rails of the FRS. I remember spark plug changes being a bitch in the '02 WRX I used to have. I doubt any boxer motor will fit...

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

the frs/brz key system is quite a bit more complicated than the s2000
True, using an after market ignition ie MSD makes that go away to though. People do this on Honda K-Series swaps all the time.

mbehrens

Post by mbehrens »

yeah yall need to reemmeber the high pressure tank fuel pump. direct injection needs at least 550 psi of pressure to idle. kia gdi the tank pump was 70 to 75 psi to the gdi pump off the motor ran buy the camshaft which that would pump between 550 idle to 2780psi wot and that on the kia rios. not to mention dont break the connection on the stanless steal fuel line. if its like kia there one time use only kias are crushed to fit. i havnt had the luxery to mess with any FRS's and wont know that i work in oil. but i think it be bad ass to put a fully built frs motor in an 86 i know i thought of it a few times. but rather go with a sti motor then frs... but i dont really know how the toyota gdi's work i only know kia's i used to be a kia certified tech. also kias fuel injectors were 55v instead of 12v.
a 86 is an 86 no mater.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

like will said. just get a cable operated throttle body\aftermarket ecu. but i wouldnt waste that much money. ej255\7 if i was going to do a boxer four. how about a 20v 5cyl audi. stupid power just add boost injectors and valve springs

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UV3OSDJvCL ... detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]