86Garage.com - AE86 Competitive Drivers Support for 2013-14

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

86Garage.com - AE86 Competitive Drivers Support for 2013-14

Post by dr.occa »

This is donation based so whatever you as a community member feel lead to donate know that 100% of your financial gift will be given to one or more AE86 drivers competing in local, national and possibly international competition.

The donation may be a pittance or it maybe quite substantial. In any case, it will go towards supporting/assisting a competing driver(s) piloting our beloved vehicle (AE86) whether to victory or a good showing (preferably a victory though of course).

A record of donations and the individual as well as total amount(s) can be made available upon request but with donating party names omitted unless otherwise approved by said party(s).

Your contributions will be dispersed in the first quarter of the target competition year.

No matter the amount, the donation will go to one or more drivers.
To donate just click the donate button. Thank you.

AE86-drivers-collage.png
AE86-drivers-collage.png (762.29 KiB) Viewed 14483 times

GamblerZ

Re: 86Garage.com - AE86 Competitive Drivers Support for 2013

Post by GamblerZ »

Out of curiosity, are any of these drivers a member of the forum?
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

GamblerZ wrote:Out of curiosity, are any of these drivers a member of the forum?
Yes - Will, Rob & Brad are members.

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

That is good to know. Thank you, sir.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

dr.occa wrote:
GamblerZ wrote:Out of curiosity, are any of these drivers a member of the forum?
Yes - Will, Rob & Brad are members.

and are also local.

i think jsp and taka dont really need our help compared to the local drivers.i think all funds should stay on an amature or pro am level. and must be a SUPPORTING member here. just my $.02 and you know i love to share it.

on another note i think we should start a paid membership or something of the sort so in the future we can rent out venue's for 86 events so members dont have to come up with large amounts of money at one time.we will have funds ahead of time so we wont have to count on who's coming or not. i would be happy to pay 15 20 bucks a month if i new it was going to rent out a local track on matsuri day.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Thanks for the feedback Alan.

I know that Taka and Rusakoff don't "need" the money necessarily but my initial reason for this is to begin to galvanize the AE86 community on an international scale even if it's with a small portion of it beginning with us. Taka's higher profile could assist that. There's no guarantee that he would accept the financial gift (I don't see why he would unless there were contractual limits he is bound by) but should he a stipulation would be to don an 86garage.com sticker. It wouldn't be huge but easily visible. I know it might be prime real estate but coupled with the knowledge that it's a charitable donation for his morale and a shared love of the car, he strikes me as someone who would be amenable to the idea.

Taka has prominently displayed the names of individuals on his 86 in the past that have donated to his privateer entries in FD. I'm hoping we can contribute to other drivers as well. In my opinion the AE86 better represents the roots of drifting at a grassroots level because of its humble stature. It astounds when it wins no matter the observer. I believe it will help keep the sport grounded as bigger names invest and infuse more money into the game. At least that's my hope.

nt66

Post by nt66 »

thank you jonas for making this i really appreciate it.... I havent been around here much lately but my car will be back to a street car soon (have another race 86 in the works) so i'm hoping to bring it out more.....also just fyi all the drivers on the list including taka and john are 90% self funded
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

It's understandable to see competitors transfer to different chassis but if we can collect anything, it's a show of appreciation for sticking by the chassis as well as rooting for you and others like you Will with that unique stubbornness and all around dedication.

Looking forward to seeing your race 86 Will.

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

I follow Taka on Facebook and every time he post pics of him working on his car its literally the driveway of his house. I think this is a great idea to keep the grassroots of the 86 guys alive.
I like cars, food, and puppies.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

This is such an awesome idea and not because I'm on the list. I'm in the same boat as Will. I rarely get on here anymore do to work and other things. Look forward to seeing the car streetable
JDM AE86/AE92

flipkc
Tourist

Post by flipkc »

This is such an awesome idea, I will contribute when I can!
The Projects:
87' AE86 Hatch (Dream)
90' EE Wagon (Daily)
11' Ruckus (Bike)

c4ptiv3

Post by c4ptiv3 »

This is a really cool idea. I've been thinking of the same kind of thing lately about bringing the entire community together and almost wish we had one day a month where we all met and worked on someone's car, we could rotate to a new car/location each meet and pass along knowledge and know-how. I think this could really bring us closer together and help kick some projects off for those of whom are low on funds. For instance if we had a paint guy, transmission guy, electrical guy, fab guy etc. we could pass that knowledge along to others that would love to learn which in turn would put more 86's on the street and bring a sense of pride to this community.

I didn't mean to jack your thread Jonas and I apologize. Just an idea I've been kicking around and never got the balls to post. That being said I'm on board with both and I'll donate some money when I'm off this week.
RIP Dustin Fogarty; drift enthusiast, friend
--------------------------
84 GT-S Hatch
14 Fiesta ST

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Community get togethers are coveted by many but unfortunately are hard to get going.

Any and all monetary contributions for the above mentioned drivers will go to one or more of them 100%.