Club4ag. How do we feel about it?

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Mikey
Tourist

Club4ag. How do we feel about it?

Post by Mikey »

So i started up a shit storm there the other day, becuase i dont like the format and some of the moderators are crooked and not helpful.

So ive been a thorn in their side. but ive been talking with moto and hes on my side about it, but the rest of the board is all sourpuss and negative.

how do we all feel about this?
Driving a AE86 is fun because you can floor it and the cops wont bother you - Mikey's g/f

mandm177

Re: Club4ag. How do we feel about it?

Post by mandm177 »

ha! are you fluffy bunny feet on c4ag? ive been following your thread over there just out of curiosity.

but my .02. i agree that the forum format is outdated and the search sucks, BUT the forums have worked to this point, and im sure it'll work in the future. If searching is a big problem, just go to google, and type: site:club4ag.com blah blah
replace the blahs with your keywords, and wallah! instant matches.

im a member of my350z, g35driver and my.is, i like those formats, but what i REALLY like is their iTrader and vouch systems for sellers/buyers. if there was a way to incorporate that into c4ag, id like it alot more.

16vHachi

Post by 16vHachi »

i hate that place!!
its very unorganized and everyone i try to deal with for parts
always end up bein a hassle
i quit goin to that site a long time ago
1984 Toyota Corolla- Drift Project
"Those aren't mudflaps!! They are mullets for tires!"
"Yall Doin That Skid Racin Again?"
Stay Sideways My Friends!

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

only thing it's good for is selling parts.... and even then you still have to ship it to them ha ha
JDM AE86/AE92

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I'm not on C4AG much these days but it has a decent utilitarian layout. It has worked for me but I only really check a few sections and threads for updates. It's a good source if you're looking to scour for 86/4AG parts or sell them as well as old technical info.

I'll have to check out this infamous thread of yours Mikey.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

Mikey wrote:So i started up a shit storm there the other day, becuase i dont like the format and some of the moderators are crooked and not helpful.

So ive been a thorn in their side. but ive been talking with moto and hes on my side about it, but the rest of the board is all sourpuss and negative.

how do we all feel about this?

i love starting shit. im all for it.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

it's the best site ever
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

club 4ag is the information highway i have never had trouble finding something out. and the ppl on there are really cool as long as you dont ask stupid questions that have been answered a bazillion times. i still go on there and see the same questions being asked like how do i swap a 20v or how big of a difference does going 20v make or how do i run waterlines blah blah blah... it has been done soooooo many times and is simple if you dont overthink it. and as far as ppl selling and the trader rating thing ya it helps but u can still get burned and the ppl that take forever to get stuff shipped thats everywhere just ppl being lazy it even happens on here. I <3 C4AG made me what i am today. use to read till my brain hurt on info that i have forgotten over the years kinda sux need to go refresh. but no time these days

Mikey
Tourist

Post by Mikey »

yes im fluffy bunny feet. and yes its an old format that is hard to use. why should i have to go to google and leave club4ag in teh link to find things? why cant i just use the search on the site????

supra750, this is partially what im talking about. there are millions of threads out there talking about "20v waterlines" etc, just stuff people have to ask, and its been asked but it gets lost and cant be searched. you have to hunt for it.

its part of me wanting to see sticky/index threads on major mods...

im trying to make it a better place full fo info, thats all
Driving a AE86 is fun because you can floor it and the cops wont bother you - Mikey's g/f

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

go for it man. just cant stand the new ppl that go on there and there like, why wont anyone help me ...... i hate this site. lol there are stickies on waterline diy in 20v tho im using it to this day :)

B.Lane 88.
Tourist

Post by B.Lane 88. »

supra_750 wrote:go for it man. just cant stand the new ppl that go on there and there like, why wont anyone help me ...... i hate this site. lol there are stickies on waterline diy in 20v tho im using it to this day :)
I agree its total bs to expect everything to be given to you. Everyone on this site has always been able and willing to help when I have a question and I always try to do all of my research and check up everything that I know to do before I bother everyone and I appreciate all the help you guys give me. As for people helping people out
Mikey wrote:i f-bombing hate dgv's
while im asking for help with my carb isint very helpful but thanks for your input I guess

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Well I'm one of them people that asks for small things but it's because I don't have the time to research all day I can get on my iPhone for a little while and then I'm off. I get to my moms "where my car is I live about 10 miles away" like at 9 pm and have to work quick cuz I have to get up at 4:30am to go to work so I like when I ask a question on here and u get home and know what to do... Now don't get me wrong I research when I have Time but there's not always time when you work so much. I do understand what your saying it is hard to find some stuff on club4ag sometimes I have to google and it will take me to a post that I couldn't even see when I was looking on the form.. So yeah is tuff well sorry to the guys that I get on there nerves when I post stupid questions but thanks to the ones who always help..

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

it's PRINTER TIME!!!!

16vHachi

Post by 16vHachi »

B.Lane 88. wrote:
supra_750 wrote:go for it man. just cant stand the new ppl that go on there and there like, why wont anyone help me ...... i hate this site. lol there are stickies on waterline diy in 20v tho im using it to this day :)
I agree its total bs to expect everything to be given to you. Everyone on this site has always been able and willing to help when I have a question and I always try to do all of my research and check up everything that I know to do before I bother everyone and I appreciate all the help you guys give me. As for people helping people out.

I agree, im still new to the toyota world, and i know ive asked a few dumb questions on here, no one here put me down in anyway to make me feel stupid. i find this place just as, hell more helpful than Club4ag. and i thank you guys for it! :-)
1984 Toyota Corolla- Drift Project
"Those aren't mudflaps!! They are mullets for tires!"
"Yall Doin That Skid Racin Again?"
Stay Sideways My Friends!

assassin10000
Tourist

Post by assassin10000 »

Mikey wrote:and some of the moderators are crooked and not helpful.
I must be missing a lot...

Then again I really only look at the tech sections and forsale/wanted. I tend to just skip a lot of the repetitive stuff.

I agree, the search sucks.

Andrew