Antenna

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Force_Fed

Antenna

Post by Force_Fed »

Is there an aftermarket antenna, that you guys know of, that I could use to omit the OEM unit?

I did this once before on a 3000GT I used to own. I found the antenna locally that some guy had in his garage. It worked great and I wish I knew where it came from. It was supposed to be installed in the inner quarter panel which I did. I'd like to delete the antenna from the OE location and use an alternate antenna that way I can fill the hole in the fender. I don't know about you guys, but I think the stock antenna and its location is just plain tacky.

CBR_TOY

Re: Antenna

Post by CBR_TOY »

if you took out the whole assembly there'd be a hole in the fender but if you're looking to just put something in there where the antenna goes i can get tiny black rubber inserts that thread into the factory location from my work
JDM AE86/AE92

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

CBR_TOY wrote:if you took out the whole assembly there'd be a hole in the fender but if you're looking to just put something in there where the antenna goes i can get tiny black rubber inserts that thread into the factory location from my work
+1 for this mod. Did this a few times to a buddys civic as well as a 350z.
Only on the internet could a man spend a lot of time and effort doing a high quality job only to have everyone rip him a new hole for not having the same exact taste as everyone else.

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø HARD TRANCE ø¤º°¨
„ø¤º° FOREVER °º¤ø

Force_Fed

Post by Force_Fed »

Pics of said mod? I was just going to weld in some sheet metal, fill it in and primer it so when I get ready to paint it, it'll be done already.

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

Force_Fed wrote:Pics of said mod? I was just going to weld in some sheet metal, fill it in and primer it so when I get ready to paint it, it'll be done already.

thats my plan too
There are no spare parts, only unfinished projects.

1985 ae86 hatch 7age (coming soon to a parking lot near you)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050