Any one going to Mineral Wells this weekend? I need support!

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Any one going to Mineral Wells this weekend? I need support!

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

Hey I'm going to mineral wells this weekend to finally get my pos Corolla on the track. Are any of you going? This will be the first event where I have driven my car at an event. Every other time I was either staffing or pitting for someone or just watching. Hopefully I dont suck too bad, but if there are other Corolla owners out there I might not feel as weak for driving a Corolla.
Noob since 2004

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

that's a big course for a 4age... is it stock or what?
JDM AE86/AE92

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Yeah it's stock. Well engine wise. It has a KAAZ 2way and various other parts. It's really half assed right now but all the big stuff is getting in before the march red river event. I've seen a 4age with just cams run MW with no problem, linked every turn even kicked up smoke. I'm planning on just trying to pick up as much speed as possible and clutch kick my way through the big long ass sweeper they put up at every MW event. This is just preactice to get a better feel for what I need to do to my car before getting serious about being a regular at events. I dont want major problems keeping me from drifting so this is like a shake down. I've had the car for almost 2 years so I should be able to at least make it through one run without spinning out.
Noob since 2004

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

o.g.darkdrifter wrote:Yeah it's stock. Well engine wise. It has a KAAZ 2way and various other parts. It's really half assed right now but all the big stuff is getting in before the march red river event. I've seen a 4age with just cams run MW with no problem, linked every turn even kicked up smoke. I'm planning on just trying to pick up as much speed as possible and clutch kick my way through the big long ass sweeper they put up at every MW event. This is just preactice to get a better feel for what I need to do to my car before getting serious about being a regular at events. I dont want major problems keeping me from drifting so this is like a shake down. I've had the car for almost 2 years so I should be able to at least make it through one run without spinning out.
you'll be fine.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i wish i had a 2 way... good luck and it sounds like you should have a blast there
JDM AE86/AE92

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

I would like to go but my car isn't ready and I'm saving money to fix it and go to DD events, possibly IFO

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

so what made you show up in your vert at ggp? i thought you had like 5 ae86's?
JDM AE86/AE92

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Yeah I mean, I've never driven my car at an event but I'm not a noob in any way. I've been around the northern california drift scene for a while (like 2003) and have riden with pros and even had a chance to drive other peoples cars at events (it was only like 10 minutes but it's better than nothing). Realy if I spin out 7 times or less i'll be happy. If I spin out three times in a row I'll just head to the skid pad and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Just sucks more Corolla people dont come to MW. :?
Noob since 2004

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

no money, no tires, no way, no la, no ble...

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

Well I dont think my corolla gonna make it anywhere outside Houston. That's why I never attent any event outside Houston.

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

lol. Yeah it helps having a friend who is willing to tow your car for you. I would still be going though. I would just get a u-haul if I couldnt hop on the trailer with someone. I'll be coming to Houston events as well once my car gets it's engine rebuilt. Oh yeah and less wear and tear on the rolla cuz I'm getting a Cresta. Yayuh!!!
Noob since 2004

nt66

Post by nt66 »

I may go I dont know if I have enough fund/tires but I may show up anyway

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

I may have some extra tires for you. i'm sure I wont go through a brand new pair of tires but just in case I'm bringing some supras with some pretty meaty fuzions on them. I suggest putting them on the back if you do run them cuz one of them is kind of jacked up (not too bad but once I hit like 45-60 it starts shaking, I'm guessing on the back it wouldnt be that bad). Just come through, i'll let you rock em for a little while if you run out of tires but I might have to take them back if I run out :wink: . lol
Noob since 2004

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

CBR_TOY wrote:so what made you show up in your vert at ggp? i thought you had like 5 ae86's?
Vert>hatch/coupe

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

So will you willing to accept my offer?
Noob since 2004