Too low?

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

CBR_TOY

Re: Too low?

Post by CBR_TOY »

You and your AE92 motivate me to get mine running. Can't have you being the coolest 4 door in Houston!
JDM AE86/AE92

Kaidotech
Tourist

Post by Kaidotech »

Thought I'd bump this for absolutely no reason. Car is one inch from the front bumpstops, rides like poop so it's getting bags when I have the funds to assemble all the parts.

★Dat AE92★ | Houston, TX | Stance:Nation | 86Garage | FTP North | GC + 4" Hyperco + TTT Hats | HKS SMF | AW11 Basketweaves

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

cut the bumpstops
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

mooreofit wrote:cut the bumpstops
+1 I did it in the rear when my car was lowered. WORLD of difference
I like cars, food, and puppies.

mozartung

Post by mozartung »

Kaidotech wrote:Updaaaaaaaate. Thanks to Jonas Im lower.

Now thats low and sexy! I dig it

Kaidotech
Tourist

UPDATO!

Post by Kaidotech »

Thanks to a new set of front and rear swift springs I got her lower. Also added a VW Gti lip for $20 since everyone wants an arm and leg for the 86 ones.

Tried on some 17's, wasn't my style though the fitment was perfect.

And the damage thus far... Stupid 1/2" grade chane :p

★Dat AE92★ | Houston, TX | Stance:Nation | 86Garage | FTP North | GC + 4" Hyperco + TTT Hats | HKS SMF | AW11 Basketweaves

mozartung

Post by mozartung »

I dig the old school oem meshies... Where did you get the swift springs. And what shock are you using?

Kaidotech
Tourist

Post by Kaidotech »

mozartung wrote:I dig the old school oem meshies... Where did you get the swift springs. And what shock are you using?
Thanks man! Im still looking for different wheels, but I'd like to keep them mesh. If I found some AW11 14" version of these wheels I'd be in heaven.

I got the springs @ http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?route= ... uct_id=133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's $198 for four springs. You can specific different front and rear rates, then they'll send you two pairs - which is what I did.

I'm currently in the middle of building custom front struts for the car using AE92 GTS servicable strut housings + techno toy tuning weld on perches + techno toy tuning upper camber hats + GC sleeves/collars + 79' VW Scirocco KYB GR2 inserts. The whole thing will be greatly shortened VS the stock strut to be a short stroke.

Until then, KYB GR2's all around. Isn't bad at all for dailying it on moderately good roads. Now if I get on BW8/290 its like driving the Paris Dakar rally so I avoid freeways if at all possible.

Kaidotech
Tourist

Post by Kaidotech »

Hyperco 4" 500lb springs up front, TechnoToyTuning tophats, Hyperco spring insulators at bottom (to prevent noise and raise it a little) Sitting maxed out on the sleeves up front. That's as low as it can go without fabricating engine mounts to raise the transmission and engine.

Need to get an 86Garage sticker before I go to CCM13. Anyone here going to CCM13 (cupcake meet) ?

mozartung

Post by mozartung »

Kaidotech wrote:
mozartung wrote:I dig the old school oem meshies... Where did you get the swift springs. And what shock are you using?
Thanks man! Im still looking for different wheels, but I'd like to keep them mesh. If I found some AW11 14" version of these wheels I'd be in heaven.

I got the springs @ http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?route= ... uct_id=133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's $198 for four springs. You can specific different front and rear rates, then they'll send you two pairs - which is what I did.

I'm currently in the middle of building custom front struts for the car using AE92 GTS servicable strut housings + techno toy tuning weld on perches + techno toy tuning upper camber hats + GC sleeves/collars + 79' VW Scirocco KYB GR2 inserts. The whole thing will be greatly shortened VS the stock strut to be a short stroke.

Until then, KYB GR2's all around. Isn't bad at all for dailying it on moderately good roads. Now if I get on BW8/290 its like driving the Paris Dakar rally so I avoid freeways if at all possible.

Enkei 92s are your friend (new gen)
15x8 +25 should be nice on your ride

Well done. I really like it .