mozartung

Re: Test drove an FR-S!!!

Post by mozartung »

I miss my evo... havent tried an frs

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

drift

Re: Test drove an FR-S!!!

Post by drift »

so, i test drove one on friday. the guy was pretty cool and he even allowed me to get on the car a bit. well, heres my opinion on the car.
driving, handling, braking, etc...
i dont know why people say the pickup on the car is slow. i thought it was good. i did drive it like how would nermally drive my 86(like a old grandma)and then i got on it a bit also. got up to speed pretty qiuck(up to 70mph from a onramp) with me driving regularly and pushing it. then i took it out to a lake that was bout a mile from the dealer(guy actually said lets go to this lake which that was where i was already heading to). drove it around the lake mainly in 2nd and 3rd gear around 6-7.5 rpm. i didnt really want to push the car that hard and get it sideways since i had no intention of buying the car. rev matching or heel and toe or whatever you want to call it was really easy and smooth. it was really smooth going into gears also. the handling and braking is really good and what youd expect from a car like that. i did find myself wanting to go all out but had to catch myself from doing so. ok, now comparing it to my 86. ok, now comparing to my 86. my 86 feels better on the pickup. might just be me but the way i look at it is even though i do havea few performance aprts on my car. thatsa new car with more up to date specs and all. like i said, the handling is really good but i like how my 86 is but hen its maybe cause i dive my car and is used to it more. noe for the engine. i dont now now anything bout boxer engines but maybe just how they work and are built but for a new car. the engine made to much noise for my liking. it loud and theres a slight ticking noise coming from it. the interior feels to me like cheap suede cloth also which i didnt really care much about. not if you were to ask me that i had to choose from the ae86 and the fr-s. itll be hands down on the ae86 but then its still a fun car to drive and i wouldnt mind owning one. im just not that found of the boxer motor especially with all these other performance motor toyota has out.

well, thats my take on the fr-s. if you have driven one then i would also like to read what you guys think about it.