grrr: why is it so hard to get parts

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: grrr: why is it so hard to get parts

Post by McKenney »

I once did a burnout just to prove it was rwd... And I f-ing worked there!

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Yeah man I feel u .. I get the same thing all the time .. It sucks and It seems to have bad luck lately I have swapped out many motors mostly hondas but for some reason my 20v just started knocking again I changed everything I needed
To on it external that is .. I haven't even got to drift yet .. Cuz my diff is going out .. So I was cruising it till next year .. But now next year I have to rebuild the motor. fully. so sorry diff you'll just have to wait it out longer ..I will be opening it tomorrow see what the knock is.. Maybe I can make two silvertops to one.. Hopefully.. :/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

AE86silverred wrote:Yeah man I feel u .. I get the same thing all the time .. It sucks and It seems to have bad luck lately I have swapped out many motors mostly hondas but for some reason my 20v just started knocking again I changed everything I needed
To on it external that is .. I haven't even got to drift yet .. Cuz my diff is going out .. So I was cruising it till next year .. But now next year I have to rebuild the motor. fully. so sorry diff you'll just have to wait it out longer ..I will be opening it tomorrow see what the knock is.. Maybe I can make two silvertops to one.. Hopefully.. :/
:( So sorry to hear Anibal. The motors ARE old when we put them in the bay and many of them not well taken care of before we get them unfortunately.

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

One note Mckenney and I found out, is that the brake boosters for coupes are different then hatches. Oreillys part number is for the hatch only
I like cars, food, and puppies.

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

Yeah and I did end up
Getting a slave cylinder from a 82 corolla and it was the right one for my 85 gts .. So Autozone/ O'rillys do have the backwards .. Did install the 82 corolla on my 85 and I had to bend the line to make it fit . It work but was horrible cuz it was a little short ..I did it cuz I wanted to drive it already ..

UncleTonyBerman

Post by UncleTonyBerman »

I will agree here about trusting Mckenney, he does know his stuff. I have known him about 9 years, and if he says he got it covered, he does.

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

UncleTonyBerman wrote:I will agree here about trusting Mckenney, he does know his stuff. I have known him about 9 years, and if he says he got it covered, he does.
True
TILL IT REDLINES HACHI!!!!!!!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

AE86silverred wrote:Yeah man I feel u .. I get the same thing all the time .. It sucks and It seems to have bad luck lately I have swapped out many motors mostly hondas but for some reason my 20v just started knocking again I changed everything I needed

man that sucks I rebuilt mine back in august and havent hit 1000 miles yet on the new motor. Also hit me up if u want a blacktop I got one for sale. 8)
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)