Re: AE86 Advice

Post by CBR_TOY »

yep... this is mainly a Texas site. the founder lives in Houston
JDM AE86/AE92

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

JDMwhiteboy wrote:Both of my corollas I bought were off fo craigslist, just got to check it out like every day. ALso dont just search under "ae86" I found my sr5 but just typing in 1985 corolla.
yea i found mine under ae86 but i did find one it was under 1986 toyota and it was blue clean running but he wanted $2000 so i was like damn... but it was a offer nobody could refuse.. i kept telling my friends but they were super broke too.. but yea.. aye! did anyone on here by any chance buy it?? :various20:
1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S coupe ( f20 powered)

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

CBR_TOY wrote:yep... this is mainly a Texas site. the founder lives in Houston
Ahh, I see. My cousin lives down in the valley and I've noticed he's all over this site.

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

Gts_coupe87 wrote:
JDMwhiteboy wrote:Both of my corollas I bought were off fo craigslist, just got to check it out like every day. ALso dont just search under "ae86" I found my sr5 but just typing in 1985 corolla.
yea i found mine under ae86 but i did find one it was under 1986 toyota and it was blue clean running but he wanted $2000 so i was like damn... but it was a offer nobody could refuse.. i kept telling my friends but they were super broke too.. but yea.. aye! did anyone on here by any chance buy it?? :various20:
Dang, that's a crazy deal... Hopefully I'll be able to find one soon.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

is your cuz 85levin or jamonc?
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

Jomon-C. I'm extremely jealous of his Trueno, he's a lucky man.
I'm not sure if he knows I'm on this site though

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

do you know alan (gobutai)? he's selling his car, and it seems to be really nice as well.

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

Ahh, yes (I wish I could) but he's asking for an amount of money I just don't have at the moment. I'm trying to save up some more cash so I won't have to buy a rolling shell or anything because I don't have the time or money to start a project because of school. It would be delayed numerous times and for long periods

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

iangarcia wrote:Jomon-C. I'm extremely jealous of his Trueno, he's a lucky man.

his car is emaculate. :laugh41:

and mark is right.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

mooreofit wrote:
iangarcia wrote:Jomon-C. I'm extremely jealous of his Trueno, he's a lucky man.

his car is emaculate. :laugh41:

and mark is right.
Yes, in fact it is. Have to give him major props

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

Anyone have any good ideas for a good first project car that's really good but not too challenging since I'm a novice?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Cars in general are challenging when it comes to modifying even at a novice level. Every novice should start out right. The AE86 is a good car to learn on especially with a local community with a good array of knowledge, experience, wisdom and insight (but just because someone has one or two of said qualities doesn't mean that have all of the aforementioned qualities ;) haha!).

The AE86 is easy to work on e.g. changing out the starter, water pump, plugs, brake cylinder, clutch cylinders, etc...everything is easily accessible. It's how you go about learning up keep and then modification.

iangarcia
Tourist

Post by iangarcia »

dr.occa wrote:Cars in general are challenging when it comes to modifying even at a novice level. Every novice should start out right. The AE86 is a good car to learn on especially with a local community with a good array of knowledge, experience, wisdom and insight (but just because someone has one or two of said qualities doesn't mean that have all of the aforementioned qualities ;) haha!).

The AE86 is easy to work on e.g. changing out the starter, water pump, plugs, brake cylinder, clutch cylinders, etc...everything is easily accessible. It's how you go about learning up keep and then modification.
And might you have any other suggestions besides the 86?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I'd say the 86 is as good as any car to start on. It should give you the confidence to try tackling bigger projects in the future.