Club4ag. How do we feel about it?

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Club4ag. How do we feel about it?

Post by dr.occa »

Andrew!

Actually, now that I think of it, I only really check the tech sections (only in areas I'm "competent" in :P) and lately sometimes the Classifieds as well. So I'm actually low maintenance.

I don't think I count then.

assassin10000
Tourist

Post by assassin10000 »

Yeah, I pretty much ignore the other sections. But that's a carry over from the days when Al was around and I didn't care to look at the drama.

I'd like to see/make some changes to the tech section. I've already made a few recommendations in the past, but they were never implemented. And also to IM/PM's and mobile phone access.

Andrew

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

it does have a lot of really good tech info on there. that's about all i used it for, well...along with the classified. SOmetimes I'll look at picture threads, but other than that..... i'm on this forum instead.

definitely a lotta good info from assassin10000 though! so much good stuff, kind sir. i appreciate all the sharing of knowledge!
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

GTSRolla34

Post by GTSRolla34 »

There should be a "New thread" feature that, when someone tries to create a new thread, the system automatically pulls up threads that have been previously created under that topic. There has to be some way of helping to prevent repeat threads. I think that's one thing that just irritates me. You can scroll top to bottom and page after page and find the same thing with maybe 3 posts in each one.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

GTSRolla34 wrote:There should be a "New thread" feature that, when someone tries to create a new thread, the system automatically pulls up threads that have been previously created under that topic. There has to be some way of helping to prevent repeat threads. I think that's one thing that just irritates me. You can scroll top to bottom and page after page and find the same thing with maybe 3 posts in each one.
It's understandable that repeat topics will occur in a community as large and re-visited as C4AG. I believe that the best defense against that would be diligent and consistent moderating/administration. (i.e. Moderator/Admin responds with appropriate link to pre-existing topic and allows for an additional response from new-repeat topic author than locks the thread or just lock the thread immediately after the appropriate link response).

Other than that, I believe most if not all of us here have initially benefited from Club4AG. It's not like the C4AG "conglomerate" intends to make life difficult for any of its community members or is apathetic towards constructive and/or productive suggestions/criticisms. If anything, if we each individually can remember that "communities (virtual & physical) aren't best at helping us to strive with one of us but better at thriving with all of us." Yeah, that hokey maxim is an occa original :oops:

joshiroku
Tourist

Post by joshiroku »

im for any site that keeps our cars up and running and that allows me to communicate with other ae86 enthusiast....but damn those cali bastards sure do take there time on shipping stuff...lol

no offense if your from cali.....or a bastard

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

joshiroku wrote:...

LOL, awesome!

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

joshiroku wrote:im for any site that keeps our cars up and running and that allows me to communicate with other ae86 enthusiast....but damn those cali bastards sure do take there time on shipping stuff...lol

lol damn everyone hates on cali i used to live in LA i hope im not hated by cali haters as i wear my lakers shirt today hahaha
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

daveskatesallday wrote:...as i wear my lakers shirt today hahaha
Uh, you need not say that out loud you traitorous swine! You're treading on Lone Star pride sir!

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

dr.occa wrote:
daveskatesallday wrote:...as i wear my lakers shirt today hahaha
Uh, you need not say that out loud you traitorous swine! You're treading on Lone Star pride sir!
hahaha im sorry don't beat me up :(

i grew up in houston though if that counts for anything i just lived up there to pursue my skating career haha
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

In Texas we dont take to kindly to folks who dont take to kindly...... no wait.... damn

My philosophy on club is about the same as it was about Zilvia.net when I had my 240, research tool! I have been a member on that site for about 2 and half years but only have like 120 post; mainly its because I would spend my time reading and reading and reading. Even if i wasn't looking for something I would still kill time on build threads. You can just pick up so much good information with out having to search for it that when you do run into a question you will already have a good idea about an answer. Plus you never know when you can find a good deal on the F/S section. Now I haven't been on club in a while and the only thing I bought off the site was from a sponsor of club (thats a whole other mess of a story) but I dont have a problem with it and each forum I am on has a different format, its just the name of the game and I have gotten used to them.
I like cars, food, and puppies.

assassin10000
Tourist

Post by assassin10000 »

AznTKDmstr wrote:definitely a lotta good info from assassin10000 though! so much good stuff, kind sir. i appreciate all the sharing of knowledge!
Welcome :mrgreen: , gotta pass the knowledge on.

joshiroku wrote:no offense if your from cali.....
:evil: Careful, or I'll ban you. No more parts for you.

I keed, I keed.

I don't even really use my 'mod' powers... except to delete/ban spammers, move & edit topics/titles.

Andrew