Adapting a W58 gearbox to your 4AG

Technical Reference

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

i believe here, Mike of NST had mentioned a possibility of custom clutches as well. i'll have to bring it back up with him next time we talk.
kevlar corolla wrote:... plus its a heavy mother trucker.
LOL!

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Still working on this,machinest is still busy as hell-its a 1 man shop so I'm at his mercy.

I ordered a custom clutch from Bully,should be here next week-hopefull the shop will get some time to continue work on it.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

kevlar corolla wrote:Still working on this,machinest is still busy as hell-its a 1 man shop so I'm at his mercy.

I ordered a custom clutch from Bully,should be here next week-hopefull the shop will get some time to continue work on it.
great kevlar. any advice on the clutch housing and plate you ordered? would it be still the 4age housing and a different plate or would both be different?

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

The only thing not 4ag compatible is the spline in the clutch disc,it all bolts directly to my oem 200mm flywheel.

They tried to talk me into going up to the 212mm flywheel for the added holding power,I ordered a stage 4 with a sprung hub and the requirement thats its not an abrupt engagement-should help save the rest of the driveline.This combo is rated for 250 wheel hp,enough for what I'm doing especially with a lighter than normal car.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

kevlar corolla wrote:The only thing not 4ag compatible is the spline in the clutch disc,it all bolts directly to my oem 200mm flywheel.

They tried to talk me into going up to the 212mm flywheel for the added holding power,I ordered a stage 4 with a sprung hub and the requirement thats its not an abrupt engagement-should help save the rest of the driveline.This combo is rated for 250 wheel hp,enough for what I'm doing especially with a lighter than normal car.
essentially, you just ordered your clutch housing for the 4AG and plate for the mkIII supra?

at least that's what my initial thought would be to do. i was checking out their clutch products. i'm intrigued.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

I have no idea if the disc fits the supra and corolla or not,think they just assemble a supra center to a corolla outer.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Ok this bugger is just about done,hate being at the mercy of others for stuff.

I'll post a pic and price in the next couple of days.The 1st run of these will be limited to 10 btw.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

kevlar corolla wrote:Ok this bugger is just about done,hate being at the mercy of others for stuff.

I'll post a pic and price in the next couple of days.The 1st run of these will be limited to 10 btw.
wow!

can't wait tom!!!

pm sent.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Please see thread in for sale section regarding these.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

glad to see this is on the go. is there a certain tranny crossmember that should be used or will the gts one work?
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Not sure on the crossmember yet,I might have a chance to start putting mine in this weekend.I suspect they will be at least some fabrication involved.
I thought about doing the crossmembers as well but my car has a relocated engine with solid mounts so what works mine won't work with another single corolla on the planet.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

An update for you guys,the machinest sent out to have 5 plates cut and will be picking them up this afternoon to start his drilling and tapping.
I had hoped to do a run of 10,not enough interest I guess,I'll hold the quoted price even though only 5 costs me more money per unit.

Since I'm in the same boat as everyone else(lack of funds,thats why I built this instead of saving alot of effort and just buying one)I'd like anyone with intent to purchase to paypal myself.I'm a reasonable guy(damn sexy too btw :D )so if you need another paycheck I'll be ok with receiving half now to hold it for you.
Since there's only 5 the fairest thing to do is the 1st 5 to pay get them,there's possibly 3 guys on 1 other forum and maybe 1 other guy thats sounded serious other than the couple of guys here.
Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Thanks.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

kevlar corolla wrote:An update for you guys,the machinest sent out to have 5 plates cut and will be picking them up this afternoon to start his drilling and tapping.
I had hoped to do a run of 10,not enough interest I guess,I'll hold the quoted price even though only 5 costs me more money per unit.

Since I'm in the same boat as everyone else(lack of funds,thats why I built this instead of saving alot of effort and just buying one)I'd like anyone with intent to purchase to paypal myself.I'm a reasonable guy(damn sexy too btw :D )so if you need another paycheck I'll be ok with receiving half now to hold it for you.
Since there's only 5 the fairest thing to do is the 1st 5 to pay get them,there's possibly 3 guys on 1 other forum and maybe 1 other guy thats sounded serious other than the couple of guys here.
Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Thanks.
you're awesome for this kevlar. sorry for the lack of interest. honestly, i'm really surprised.

april 30th is just around the corner for me.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Heres the pics,

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

OH MY!!!!!

kevlar you are a God send sir.