Nissan Brake Master Cylinder

Technical Reference

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

HondaRue

Post by HondaRue »

ga_goosh wrote:i completely agree. it is a piece of mind thing...at least for me. it might be better if the rx-7 calipers where being used. or even if a brembo kit was added. bigger masters are used with higher capacity calipers. it seems to be over looked alot when a big brake upgrade is added.
I'm planning on running the FC calipers in the future. I gave the CAD files and material to a machine shop and they say they have the program written to machine brackets but they are dragging their feet.

This was the original reason behind trying the Nissan master cylinder. And yes... if the 7/8" doesn't "feel" how I like I plan to try a 1" to see if it makes it better.
85 Hatch SR5 => GTS High Comp Levin!!!
84 Coupe SR5 => GTS JDM MAP 16V (My Wife's car!)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

again, thanks for posting this up aaron.

more examples of optional possibilities and good experimentation.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

yea i agree nice post.

hondarue good luck with your brackets. machine shops always seem to be the #1 reason for not getting the brackets . i think they wear lead shoes on purpose. lol
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

Projectgofast
Tourist

Post by Projectgofast »

Im in the process of installing mine right now, I ended up getting one from a late 80's early 90's 300z there were plenty in the junk yard cost me 10bucks it looks like one from the nissan hardbody pickup might work as well but the MC lines hook up on the opposite side I'll post later once its driveable off to the parts store the drivers side line is not long enough to bend it has to be replaced

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Projectgofast wrote:Im in the process of installing mine right now, I ended up getting one from a late 80's early 90's 300z there were plenty in the junk yard cost me 10bucks it looks like one from the nissan hardbody pickup might work as well but the MC lines hook up on the opposite side I'll post later once its driveable off to the parts store the drivers side line is not long enough to bend it has to be replaced
good deal. post up process and completed task w/ pics when done soldier!!! ok, please.

Projectgofast
Tourist

Post by Projectgofast »

Done, when to the parts store they didnt have the right lenth line so it was finished really cheaply cost me $15 for every thing I used a union piece and one of the shorter lines from the prop. valve not the best but it works and pedal feel is much improved over stock

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

nice. now the $15 covering everything, does that include the mc?
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

Projectgofast
Tourist

Post by Projectgofast »

Yeah, but I got the MC at the junk yard it was $10

HondaRue

Post by HondaRue »

That's about what I would have spent on mine but a friend gave me the MC after upgrading his S13 for Z32 brakes. I think I may have paid $5-$8 for the hard line from AutoZone.

gda03subaru

Post by gda03subaru »

doing this soon, im going to spend the cash and buy a new reman unit from the zone, $will cost me $60 for the mc, but i just dont want to put a used one on and have to redo it in a few months
03' Wrx
86 ae86

Projectgofast
Tourist

Post by Projectgofast »

gda03subaru wrote:doing this soon, im going to spend the cash and buy a new reman unit from the zone, $will cost me $60 for the mc, but i just dont want to put a used one on and have to redo it in a few months
just make sure it comes with the pastic container that holds the brake fluid some new/reman. MC dont include that part they assume it will be replacing a stock one and you will reuse this part

GTSRolla34

Post by GTSRolla34 »

Would the MC from an 87 Pulsar work in a similar way? The bore size of the MC w/o fuel injection is 15/16"x3/4" and the MC w/ fuel injection is 1"x13/16" and they have 4 ports instead of the 240SX MCs 3. I'm assuming you have 2 for the front and 2 for the rear brakes. Could be a cheaper option...though you would need to change the brake lines up a bit. I assume it would bolt up to the AE booster as the 240 one would.

HondaRue

Post by HondaRue »

How would that be a cheaper option? And why would you want to add a fourth brake line?

Chris-pee
Tourist

Post by Chris-pee »

I drove aarons car, his pedal feels WAAY better than mine (stock gts) I will be doing this at some point. Its very linear, as my stock one feels real progressive.

85levin

Post by 85levin »

hondarue, can you flip your vacuum check valve on your brake booster and let us know how the pedal feels? that way we know how a boosterless setup will do with this master.
thanks