Megasquirt DIYPNP 56k stay away!

Technical Reference

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

MadeInThe80s

Re: Megasquirt DIYPNP 56k stay away!

Post by MadeInThe80s »

What base map did you use to start with?
86 GTS 4AGTE

85levin

Post by 85levin »

the one that was already in tunerstudio. it looks like it is really rich and low advance.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

my car ran fine on a 8.0 afr with 10* of timing. i dont remember at what afr i would start misfiring at if i lowered it to the point of dieing.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

85levin

Post by 85levin »

i just got my car running properly, now i just have to install my external fpr and buy the lc-1. i think i will tune it myself. now that i went throgh it all it seems simple. the fact that i can run sequential injection and sequential spark using my stock trigger wheels is awesome. can't wait to tune it and start driving it hard. :mrgreen:

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

what was the problem?

thinking about possibly going this route as well, and advice?

oh, and any before and after dynos? i saw this thread on hachiroku.net and was wondering (hoping) that its the norm to get an extra 25 hp from a standalone and tune

http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

85levin

Post by 85levin »

trigger wheel settings on tunerstudio. also, the wiring for my ignition coils had issues. i won't be dynoing my car anytime soon. best advise is just to read on articles reagarding your particular setup.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

great news. i wouldnt tune it out without the wide band though.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

85levin

Post by 85levin »

yes Alan, i am waiting until the lc-1 arives. finishing up all the wiring right now. tach, table switch, n2o control, etc.

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

I've been thinking about going MS for the past year or so now, but just haven't jumped the gun yet. I know how to solder and everything, but I dunno if I trust myself enough to solder the whole DIYpnp kit...

I've talked to JDMjohn, from club4ag, and he's been running MSI pcb3.0 and suggested I go down that route... what are y'all's thoughts?

Should I go with MSI pcb3.0 or go ahead and go for the DIYpnp? I want to eventually run ITB's on my smallport, but not until I get a feel for megasquirt and get more comfortable with it...
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

85levin

Post by 85levin »

a year thinking about it? geez Tyson, thats a lot of thinking. diypnp for the win. i think it is more user friendly, more features and you don't have to change your wiring harness. with it you can use the stock trigger wheel with ease. my issue was the tunerstudio settings and the vr resistor.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

from what Made and 85levin have been saying, the biggest attraction is not having to alter or make a harness but just keep your factory harness. from there, you're just having to deal with getting a good base tune to start with and toss on your stacks. maybe secure a shop that's skilled at tuning megasquirt setups and add that as part of your planning. just a thought.

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

That's what I've been leaning towards...I remember seeing people hack up ECU's to get connectors and making these INTENSE harnesses. I think I'll be putting in my order for the DIYPNP sometime this month!
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

virtual_bob
Tourist

Post by virtual_bob »

mandm177 wrote:i saw this thread on hachiroku.net and was wondering (hoping) that its the norm to get an extra 25 hp from a standalone and tune

http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oddly enough, I did a DIYPNP tune 4 days later. :)

The end result : (Before & After)

Ref : http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Definitely use a wideband O2 of some sort...

Regards!

Bob

85levin

Post by 85levin »

great numbers Bob.

i am having issues getting my tach to work, i tried the third one down from this msextra link: http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2 ... m#tachoout

is that the incorrect one? that is what i was told on club4ag to use. i gutted a relay completely, should i use a different one? am i missing something inside the ecu?

85levin

Post by 85levin »

no one here runs a stock tach with megasquirt?