My new build

Others make

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

kevlar corolla

Re: My new build

Post by kevlar corolla »

Here's the vid,my shifter cable had broken so I was shiting with vise grips clamped to what was left of the cable-very hard to push so I decided to only make 1 shift hence all the rev limiter action in the center of the lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00QPY2exHo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Looks like your creation is a whole lot of fun......

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

killer footage. no lie, i was actually feeling the run just watching it. the anticipation for each set of cones.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Thanks Jonas,yes its a pretty high intensity ride-very cool to be out in the open along with the wheels as it really opens up the course and makes you feel it much more than a closed cockpit car.I...love...it!!

Now to fix some little issues,do some chassis tuning and maybe hit the weights before the next event. :)

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

I ran the last autox of the season on sunday,sorry no vids as the batteries crapped out early.Was a tricky course but being able to see the wheels and having a super light car makes it much easier to miss the trouble cones.

Car ran ok,needs a tuning but otherwise it held up fine.I set FTD by about 3 seconds on super cold tires(air temp was barely above freezing),once the proper tires,engine tuning,downforce and with warm weather for tire heat next season should be prove to be fun and VERY fast. :D

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Sounds like your getting the hang and feel of the car down pretty good.... Maybe when you fix all the little details on your car no one will be able to stop you... Were do you do the racing at ?

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Thanks,doesn't usually take me too long to get comfortable in a different car.I actually was nervous about being able to think/react quick enough for this car but at the current grip/power level I'm not having any troubles with that at all,perhaps next year with all the dials turned up to 10 it might be though. :D

I'm located in Ontario Canada so thats where I play,I have mosport,shannonville and calaboogie race tracks between 2 and 4 hours away.I'll be getting on board vids from those places next year for sure,I've only used 3 of the 6 gears so far and thats not right. :wink:

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

well the best of luck to you next year... and hopefully you can share some vids.....

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Thanks,for sure I'll share some of next years action.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

A fellow racer just sent a picture from the last event so I thought I'd share as its the only action shot I've seen.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

wow.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

that's a killer shot tom!

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Thanks,glad I have it as I believe I'll need to up the roll resistance for next year as thats a bit of roll considering the cold tires.

I like the intensity in the eyes,very focused. :wink:

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Ended up have a vid from the last event taken from the sidelines,here it is.Once I heard it I realized how far out of tune the engine is,lots of popping off throttle.I've decided to do a microsquirt install over the winter to allow full tuning and the option of full throttle clutchless upshifts with the flatshifter option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he5lIK5WUus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

man that thing looks like fun.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]