My new build

Others make

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Nemo
Tourist

Re: My new build

Post by Nemo »

I agree with Jonas, very talented!

Have you done any other type of racing with it yet other than autocross?

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Haha,probably more stubborn than talented!. :)

I've yet to be at a track day for 2 reasons,one is that I want to be damn sure a weld isn't going to break and toss me into a tire wall and 2nd I've had a couple of clubs decline the use of open wheeled cars at their lapping days.Weird to me as some of them seem very lax in the safety requirements(no helmets needed etc).
We do have more than a few clubs running lapping days around here,I just need to find the right club I guess.

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

they've just seen your videos, and they're all scared of you...no one wants to be beaten in a 200k+ supercar by a man who made his car in a garage. lol.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

No worries,I don't go to Porche/bmw lapping days-let them play by themselves so their awesomeness stays with them(in their own mind of course).

Nemo
Tourist

Post by Nemo »

Haha that was funny! lol

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

1st autox of the year for me today,set ftd but had the diff mount crack a weld allowing the diff to move enough the driveshaft was making contact with the safety loop.That is the squeaking in the video below on power after the run in the paddock,ended the day after 4 runs.The rest of the field got 9 runs total to try and catch up,a smokin fast imprezza in SMF was only about a second back from me-gotta suck up my socks.
The new tires are great,the car is actually a little too looose now so I'll put some angle back in the rear wing redo the rear alignment a touch.

Vid,

http://youtu.be/Mh-m7kPlx5I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Great run Tom! What were the top 5 times cars Tom?

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

I'll have to check once the results are posted on the clubs web page,I never look at the posted sheets threw the day.I used to but that just puts pressure on which usually means over driving,mistakes etc so I think its better to just worry about myself going faster and not who else MIGHT go faster.
My best guess for top 5 times will be the imprezza,an M3,and 2 EG civics and maybe an elise-hard to know now with us running SCCA rules as a bunch of the fast guys have jumped into the street tire classes and slowed down.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Vid from sundays event,only ran the new tires on the last run which is this vid and didn't get the most out of them after sliding around on last years tires.Won't make that mistake again,I took 3 seconds off with this run and left probably another couple seconds out on course.

http://youtu.be/v2aPs_eoix8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Been awhile,I've sold the car to a fellow in wisconsin as I was losing interest in the amount of effort versus seat time for autox.I'm going to try and set the geo ice racer up for road course action in the summer months.If that doesn't work out well I'll build/buy a miata or something rwd for road race.

Video from the last event I ran the car at,

http://youtu.be/J80e5yxLDBg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;