my 03 monte carlo ss

Others make

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mooreofit
VIP Member

my 03 monte carlo ss

Post by mooreofit »

i know i said i would do this like 3 months ago.

here it is.

2" drop springs
kyb gr2's
d&s 12" rotors
ceramics on all fours
braided ss brake lines
ss m90 kit.
80 dollar eaton m90
zzp fuel rails
36# injectors
fender well intake(no pics)
4.2" and 3.5" pulley's
fully built 4t65 with 3500 stall and lockup delete.
a thing or two i may have missed.

runs high 13's on the 3.5" but have detonated a plug or two's gap shut a few times so the 4.2" pulley is back on till i get a set of headers and maybe cam.

this was on 5 and a half cylinders. i had a leaking spark plug. i know it sounds retarded but the ground electrode base with the threads seperated from the porcoline center electrode and was bleeding cylinder pressure. the car would smoke of the line then fall on its face around 60.

this was the dyno with the shot spark plug.

this is what it should look like now.

and this is stock.

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

wow.... you modify everything you touch!

NICE!!! :D
JDM AE86/AE92

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

yes, my wife is very unhappy. :oops:
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

mooreofit wrote:yes, my wife is very unhappy. :oops:
lol. i feel your guilt too.

monte carlo looks nice. i only wish they kept them rear wheel drive.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

i thought this was an older one by the title. my dad has a 84 el camino ss. looks good

like jonas said they should have left them rwd
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

inertia

Post by inertia »

very nice and clean :D i got a friend that has a gtp and hallow out the supercharger and put a turbo for more boost :twisted:

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

theres some really fast gtp's out there and alot of people have no idea.

the eventual plan is to end up with a gtk-1000 running the m90 too but as far as funds go it looks like it will just be the borg warner s400.

i have a feeling i'm loosing compression in the #3 cylinder and a rebuild is looming over my shoulder so cam and heads on another l36 bottom end and finally fix that vacuum leak thats in the manifold somewhere i bet its somewhere around the #3 runner.

my little bro also has a 96 monte carlo we did the l67 4t65hd swap and hes running all the same mods as I except the built tranny. but he has a set of headers waiting to go on.

we have both put our monte's aside to get both of our ae86 coupes track ready.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

had a friend who had a 97 GP gt. he finally got a GTP in the form of an 05 and did all sorts of things to it. smaller pulley, rocker arm upgrades, racing heads and headers, flashed rom, cf hood, front lip and wing, suspension...then he went with a bullet proof tranny that wasn't so bullet proof and lost his gumption. put the car back to stock and decided he didn't need me as a friend anymore for the 2nd time. oh well.

i still prefer RWD anyway.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i think i might know this guy too.

was his black with a bodykit?

i dont remember his name but he still goes by the meets every once in a while.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

mooreofit wrote:i think i might know this guy too.

was his black with a bodykit?

i dont remember his name but he still goes by the meets every once in a while.
this is my "old" friend on ClubGP.

looks like he drives a G8 now. he was dating a girl with a WS6 trans at the time.

anyway...

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

yep thats him alright. i tried to talk to him about his old setup and he tried to talk down to me like i was some sort of idiot.

my trans works great. i built it myself. at this time my little brother was working at rutland transmission and he also tried to talk to him to the same result. i just shrugged and said your loss pal.

anyways theres some cool guys on there.l froman, tengis and a couple others on there are pretty cool guys.really sucks this guy was a deushe.

let me ask you another question. do you know a guy named rodney who drove a s13 with an sr20 in it? he was military and stationed in japan and took wife there came back and went to uti?

only reason i ask is i think i saw your car at one of his freinds house about 5 years ago while i helped him swap in a bunk sr20 that he got.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

mooreofit wrote:yep thats him alright. i tried to talk to him about his old setup and he tried to talk down to me like i was some sort of idiot.
man, that's really disappointing to hear he turned out like that. really disappointing.
mooreofit wrote: my trans works great. i built it myself...
so, what did you do to the trans: upgrade components or rebuild or both?
mooreofit wrote: at this time my little brother was working at rutland transmission and he also tried to talk to him to the same result. i just shrugged and said your loss pal.
yeah, doubly disappointing...
mooreofit wrote: anyways theres some cool guys on there.l froman, tengis and a couple others on there are pretty cool guys.really sucks this guy was a deushe.
he wasn't like that around me. i hate to think he kept himself in check only around me...
mooreofit wrote: let me ask you another question. do you know a guy named rodney who drove a s13 with an sr20 in it? he was military and stationed in japan and took wife there came back and went to uti?

only reason i ask is i think i saw your car at one of his freinds house about 5 years ago while i helped him swap in a bunk sr20 that he got.
i may, i just can't remember. unfortunately i've made acquaintances with so many enthusiasts.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i come off harsh some times maybe it was just me.

ati 3500stall
hardened 4th gear clutch hub
v8 gemini chain
transgo shift kit
300m input shaft

my first tranny i completely rebuilt new clutches,solenoids and all the hardparts with the stock converter. two months later the t.c. went throught the rest of my tranny. :shock:

scored a low milliage cheap and threw my hardparts in and got the ati.

usually the 4th gear clutch hub goes first then the t.c.then the stock drive chain then the input shaft. at this point it will hold 500 foot pounds.(diffs aside)

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

toasted my motor thursday racing a 370z on hardy toll road n.

dropped #3 cylinder at 140 mph and he still couldnt close the gap. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

xp hot cam and supporting mods are on the list.

should be mid 12's on a 3" pulley and low 13's on the 3.5"

after this build i think this motors just going to get some nos and ill call it completed.(besides the interior.) should be a mid 11's car with a 100 shot.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

just picked up a series 3,(has forged rods compared to the series 2)with 21,000miles from lkq on 1960 and kirkendhal.

i decided to step down to a vs cam because it will pass the sniff test. lsa is increased to maximize cylinder pressure and decrease exhaust gas emissions. however duration is only a couple * less and lift is only .008 intake and .029 exhaust less.

the cam and 42# injectors will be bought thursday.