New to forum

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

qn60e6
Tourist

New to forum

Post by qn60e6 »

Hello all, I am doing a 4age swap into my sons sr5 (85 Hatchback) who is serving the the Army in El Paso. I am mechanically inclined (Blackhawk helicopter mechanic for 20+ years). Well this swap is something new and challenging for me as I am an American muscle guy. I will be installing numerous goodies like AN fittings, braided lines (all free). The engine and tranny are in, now comes the painful wiring. I have the RWD 4age engine harness, but unsure what to do with the SR5 harness that has been disconnected from the firewall. I also have an MR2 harness to get that critical 14 pin plug, but how do I go about wiring that into the harness, and what do I do with the plug on the 4age harness near the ECU. I can wire and solder all day long, but trying to meld 2 harnesses together is quite the task. Enough with the long winded intro, hope someone here can help me out. And one last thing, not to insult anyone here, please don't tell me to get a wrecked GTS for the necessary parts, where I am at, none available. So, if you can help with info, that would be greatly appreciated.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: New to forum

Post by dr.occa »

Welcome to the garage @qn606e6.

I'm sure you'll find the necessary info here in the sections.