Rayray86
Tourist

Re: shoobs got another gts coupe.....

Post by Rayray86 »

nice find. I just found another couple unfortunately its not a Gts

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

through a bike carbed 4ag in it, and weld the diff.......
706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

trash the 101 bumper. ecu problems like what? could have squirted it. my sc400 is just anther rolla. i keep my foot to the floor,do no maintenance and it just keeps trucking. the only thing that actually failed was the auto trans. maunual is now in i have been sliding it all over the place but still have a few issues with clutch slippage and a narly driveline vib.i made these issues though.ohh the stupid speedo problems.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Flipp
Tourist

Post by Flipp »

great find man! oh man i want a rear window louver. maybe one day ill find one.
∧,,∧
 (;`・ω・)  。・゚・⌒)
 /   o━ヽニニフ))
 しー-J

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

4agshoob wrote:today i did a 5 minute 4ag tune.

small port cam gears, remvoed the clutch fan, adanced the exhaust cam a tooth, and set the timing back to 10-11 degrees.

shes a rev happy screamer now =]

Why the small port cam gears? I have some NST cam gears I was debating on putting on my car just to see if i can squeeze a little more power out of it before i do the 1uz swap
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

mooreofit wrote:trash the 101 bumper. ecu problems like what? could have squirted it. my sc400 is just anther rolla. i keep my foot to the floor,do no maintenance and it just keeps trucking. the only thing that actually failed was the auto trans. maunual is now in i have been sliding it all over the place but still have a few issues with clutch slippage and a narly driveline vib.i made these issues though.ohh the stupid speedo problems.

bad capacitors, bad diodes, bad resisters. i did good on 1 ecu and replaced a few inner parts myself that helped it limp along. i had been thru that car from the ecu to the engine itself, all through the loom with a multimeter.... the problem was, one ecu, would only allow it to idle, it wouldnt read the MAS, or the TPS input. i bought new TPS's, swapped out a 2j MAS.... nothing. grabbed another ECU out of a junkyard 93 LS400. it did good on start up, i was able to rev to full redline while parked. get it on the road, and all i could get was 1/2 throttle. pass half throttle, it would fall on its face, as in drop all function in the injectors. tested all the injectors with a noad, and sure enough it was dropping them. so.......... that ecu lasted for maybe 2 months, i was able to drive to orlando FL and back to pick up my sons. slowly it started working down to where only a 1/4 throttle was acceptable to the ecu, then....... it freaked out my alternator and fried the voltage regulator 100 miles from home. seeing your amp meter read 18-20v rolling down the interstate is an eerie feeling. ended up rebuilding the alternator and replacing the brushes in a parking lot, and drove it home. i changed out some capacitors in the ecu and got it back to where i could give about 70% throttle. enough to sell it.

as for your squirt comment..... thats a no go with the electronically controlled trans and electronical lock up torque converter.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

bt20v wrote:
4agshoob wrote:today i did a 5 minute 4ag tune.

small port cam gears, remvoed the clutch fan, adanced the exhaust cam a tooth, and set the timing back to 10-11 degrees.

shes a rev happy screamer now =]

Why the small port cam gears? I have some NST cam gears I was debating on putting on my car just to see if i can squeeze a little more power out of it before i do the 1uz swap

because small port 5 star style cam gears are lighter than the six shooter style bigport gears. by removing the clutch style fan, lighter cam gears, removing the a/c and p/s belt, and advancing the exhaust cam 10 degrees, youd be suprised at how rev happy your stock 4a just became.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

back to the topic at hand.....lol

its been a while since ive updated this. progress has been somewhat consistant, yet patchy. with getting back into tattooing, and my daily career work tapering off to a trickle during the winter months im really focusing on my artwork, because it is a damn good secondary income. where to start.....

well....

i didnt like the black.....well, it started out, i didnt like the pin striping, and the paint was terribly faded, so even after some good buffing, after i removed the white pinstripe.....it still had a black pin stripe...... well like i said before i want to go clean with this one, so......

wth, i dont like side mouldings either.....

so i removed those, and started the rough sanding.

well, all that sanding, and at 29 years old, gout sets in, from no where, first case ive ever encountered. lemme tell you, if youve never had it, you dont want it. it feels like a broke bone, with the throbbing of thor himself, completely immobile.

Last edited by 4agshoob on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

started stripping it all down......prepping for paint.

didnt get any pics of it completely stripped, but i went all the way down to removing the door handles, mirrors, all trim, all rubber seals, and even the door jambs prepped for paint, everything except the engine bay and trunk. all that was left was the interior, and the glass.

so, i started putting it all back together......

ignore the dates, obviously. now, that you all have seen the gloss shots of the paint, ill proudly announce, that, that gentleman, is a DIY paintjob......

2 coats of rustoleum filler auto primer
wetsanded with 400 grit.
2 coats of rustolem gloss white
wet sanded with 800 grit.
3 coats of rustoleum crystal clear
wetsanded with 800 then 1000 grit.
buffed with turtle wax fine compond
finish waxed with turtle wax.

not bad eh?
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

meanwhile i ran into a few issues. the wagon needed some work, so meanwhile, it got 2000w of sound installed (1600 rms and 2 12" RF p1's, 600 rms pushing 4 mb quarts 6.5"s, and a pioneer 52wx4 HU pushing 4 clarion tweeters, and 2 4" polk audios) some ronal centra type 11's 15x8 25 offset, and well......

706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

all that wiring gave me an itch.....soooo, while the gts is down, why not clean up the wiring in the engine bay. (i dont have any detailed pics of this, but ill get some tomorrow and edit them in here). i started simple... flipped the injectors upside down, and ran the injector harness under the fuel rail. routed the tvis wire, and CTS under the manifold. i also unplugged the dizzy, ignitor, and main red/blk wire into the fuse panel.

soooo, i re routed all the wires that crossed over the head, to go behind the dash, and tie back into the harness, so now i can remove the dreaded timing backing plate. (i hate the way they look on a 4ag). wired all the dizzy, ignitor wires and stuff back in. also re routed the AFM wires through the fender and back into the headlight socket hole.

everything starts and runs fine, with the exception of i have no tack signal now, which i believe i may just have 2 black wires criss crossed at the dizzy, no biggy.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

during this time, my good friend Marlow, had an accident at a local event. he went off of that 4 ft. bank you see, while sideways at approx. 50 mph. he got out just sore, but the corolla on the other hand.........frame done. the driver side sits about 2" higher on the core support, theres a wrinkle in the wiper cowl frame work, and a wrinkle in the rof at the b pillar. its a done chassis.

well, marlows car looks like this up front.....

with some begging, pleading, and manly man love later, i picked up that jewel of a site front end for a song.

so this past week ive been fabbing up DIY levin headlight brackets, and bumping my head trying to figure out the best way to mount the bumper skin, and grill. i just laid the fenders on to hold the headlights while i make the brackets.

well, theres no since in bolting everything on and lining everything up when i know im going wide body anyway.....so i have on order a set of dmax style levin 30mm over fenders for the front. not my first choice, but im having a hard time finding a set of jblood style front levin overfenders atm. same thing with the front bumper, im basically using it for a mock up to make my brackets so when i decide on whether or not i wanna run a goodline or jblood front bumper, i can just drill, and mount. when the fenders arive in the post, ill update.

side note...... i need a f*ckin levin hood.......and i dont look to spend $400-$600 on a cf or fiberglass unit. so i guess im waiting out the hood at the moment.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

btw MODS, is there a "build thread section" i think thats what this is turning into.
706-669-6578 EST