Just introducing myself: San Antonio

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

RandomHero
Tourist

Just introducing myself: San Antonio

Post by RandomHero »

names Roger.

dont drive a corolla, but i f-bombing love them. i think once i get my current project running and drivable, and i enjoy it for a bit, i would probably trade it straight up for a GTS.

this is my project.

91 N/A MR2.
3VZ-fe (v6) swap

currently not running. the PO did a horrible job on the swap and decided to leave out a few motor mount bolts. so yea, i ended up having to pull the motor and redo the entire swap. im really close to getting it started again (hopefully anyway).

just thought id register so i can browse the forums and take part in it. :mrgreen:

16vHachi

Re: Just introducing myself: San Antonio

Post by 16vHachi »

Welcome to the garage roger!
1984 Toyota Corolla- Drift Project
"Those aren't mudflaps!! They are mullets for tires!"
"Yall Doin That Skid Racin Again?"
Stay Sideways My Friends!

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Welcome
I like cars, food, and puppies.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

welcome to 86garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Hello fellow corolla lover!
Only on the internet could a man spend a lot of time and effort doing a high quality job only to have everyone rip him a new hole for not having the same exact taste as everyone else.

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø HARD TRANCE ø¤º°¨
„ø¤º° FOREVER °º¤ø

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

baddass. that thing needs a turbo, also if you got time and look around hard enough there still old people that drive these cars who have no idea what they are.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Welcome.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

oh, yeah. forgot to mention my appreciation for your v6 swap. awesome. i dig those swaps. a colleague of ours (HondaRue) up in the DFW area is in the process of performing a similar swap in their SW. very cool. would love more on the build in the garage section if you can find the time.

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Oh yea what ever happend to HondaRue any way?
Only on the internet could a man spend a lot of time and effort doing a high quality job only to have everyone rip him a new hole for not having the same exact taste as everyone else.

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø HARD TRANCE ø¤º°¨
„ø¤º° FOREVER °º¤ø

RandomHero
Tourist

Post by RandomHero »

mooreofit wrote:baddass. that thing needs a turbo, also if you got time and look around hard enough there still old people that drive these cars who have no idea what they are.
planning on a TRD scion supercharger when the mount kit gets finished (still being developed in the UK). im poor as hell and i dont have it running yet so any form of boost is still a long way aways. :P

RandomHero
Tourist

Post by RandomHero »

dr.occa wrote:oh, yeah. forgot to mention my appreciation for your v6 swap. awesome. i dig those swaps. a colleague of ours (HondaRue) up in the DFW area is in the process of performing a similar swap in their SW. very cool. would love more on the build in the garage section if you can find the time.
will do

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i regret going supercharged on my 3.8 v6. i should have just turbo'd it right off the bat. its way cheaper in the long run and way more reliable and the power output would be significantly greater with less overall work. but i LOVE the throttle response of the roots type charger. also there's a very clear 80-100hp between winter and summer driving due to the lack of an intercooler. if i get one and i drop pulley and the pump fails on me then its the end of my motor.its not uncommon to see outlet temps of up to 400* on roots type chargers with no intercooling and high boost. none of these issue pertain to the turbo.

either way it will be fun with a sc it will be hard to keep the ass where you want it around the twisties. :twisted:
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

RandomHero
Tourist

Post by RandomHero »

mooreofit wrote:i regret going supercharged on my 3.8 v6. i should have just turbo'd it right off the bat. its way cheaper in the long run and way more reliable and the power output would be significantly greater with less overall work. but i LOVE the throttle response of the roots type charger. also there's a very clear 80-100hp between winter and summer driving due to the lack of an intercooler. if i get one and i drop pulley and the pump fails on me then its the end of my motor.its not uncommon to see outlet temps of up to 400* on roots type chargers with no intercooling and high boost. none of these issue pertain to the turbo.

either way it will be fun with a sc it will be hard to keep the ass where you want it around the twisties. :twisted:
itll be a intercooler setup. the guy working on the kit is planning on have the kit include a BOV a boost controller and a inter/charge cooler. out of the box plug and play install, set to 4lbs for guy who are running stock fuel setups (like me) and adjustable to 14psi for guys running a EMS+injectors

should be good for taking me from 190hp to somewhere around 225ish WHP, which will make me more than happy.

Twiztidaw11
Tourist

Post by Twiztidaw11 »

welcome to the garage.

lightsae86
Tourist

Post by lightsae86 »

hey welcome!!!